Moving Wii from one house to another

Juche

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2007
I bought one for christmas and I feel that my brothers wife will want to share it. I am ok with that, but what all goes into moving the wii?

Do I just need a 2nd sensor bar for her TV, and to change the wii setting everytime it gets moved?

How much effort goes into changing the wii settings when you move it from one tv with one sensor bar to another?

Is there a difference among sensor bars or are they universally the same quality? I know with wii chargers there are alot of different kinds, I don't know if sensor bars are the same.

you would really have to change any settings so long as the sensor bars are in the same position(top/bottom)
and just get the nintendo sensor bar.
or a well trusted wireless one if thats what your into.

Juche said:
Do I just need a 2nd sensor bar for her TV, and to change the wii setting everytime it gets moved?

You could simply use the same sensor bar, although getting a second one might be more convenient. As Walugi stated, if the sensor bars are in different positions, then you'd have to change that setting for optimal accuracy.

Juche said:
Is there a difference among sensor bars or are they universally the same quality? I know with wii chargers there are alot of different kinds, I don't know if sensor bars are the same.

The sensor bar simply provides an infrared-based point of reference for the Wiimotes. You could actually just use to candles (search Google for details). Any brand of sensor bar should suffice, as long as your distance from the TV isn't too great (more than 3m/10ft). Nevertheless, I would recommend a Nintendo, or a *trusted* third party model.

Juche said:
How much effort goes into changing the wii settings when you move it from one tv with one sensor bar to another?

You might have to change the screen ratio (4:3 <-> 16:9) and/or the sensor bar position (top/bottom), but each can be done easily from the settings screen.

Kudos to you for sharing your Wii :thumbsup:

Get a wireless sensor bar if your going to be moving it a lot, that way you cut out a lot of set up time. And the only setting you have to change is the sensor bar position (If it's different) and the hi-def settings (if applicable). So I guess theoretically you can leave everything the same given the right circumstances.

Back