Need advice on which Resident Evil....

weedle

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2007
My son wants Resident Evil. Which is a better game- RE4 or Umbrella Chronicals?? Can you play online with either of them??

4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no online. resident evil is not an online game, besides some dreamcast I think. outbreak, wasn't it?

both great games. depends what your son likes. umbrella chronicles is a shooter based. re4 is more adventure based.

RE4 is an amazing game.

UC is basically the type of game you would play at an arcade (no real problem solving, just a lot of pointing and shooting).

Both games are excellent and are very different

RE4 is an adventure, puzzle solving game

REUC is an awesome onrails shooter (arcade type) - it is though (there are very tough bosses)

If you can get both, get them

Resident evil 4 Hands down

while UC is a good game, it lacks, the Replayability and REal fun/Brilliance factor of RE4

RE4 can be enjoyed by many over a longer period of time

But

RE:UC has a fun co-op, but way shorter life.
but if you go for RE:UC make the most of it and but Links crossbow training aswell for a measly 20 pound, and its a great game, with the zapper which works gr8 with UC

but still i would go For RE4 even if you did go for the other 2

confession:

RE4 was wayy to difficult for me.
Umbrella C. on the other hand.. now that's a fun game- the co-op really makes it all worthwhile.

RE 4 is older and was available on GameCube and PS2 so make sure he hasn't beat it already. RE UC is newer and much different because it is "on rails" like an arcade shooter. You can't move the character, he automatically moves for you. RE4 is the better game for a gamer where as RE UC is better for more casual play. RE UC also has multiplayer, if your son has anyone to play with... Also this game is not for children.

Back