Need Help Immediately

ssbb_lover

Novocain Stain'd
Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
I'm choosing between Lost Odyssey and Devil May Cry 4. I'm leaning towards DMC4 atm, but the cut scene in the beginning of Lost Odyssey looks amazing. I'm buying a game in about 3 hours, so I would love a little help.

Thanks,
SL

*EDIT*

Also, I understand that DMC is a more "free-roaming action" genre, while LO is a turn-based RPG. Thanks again.

*DOUBLE EDIT*

ALSO, if I should get DMC4, should I get the Collector's Edition?

Last edited:
DMC is awesome. however its a little on short and easy side (insert yo mama joke here). im on the 2nd to last level and only 13 hrs into it on Devil Hunter mode (hardest difficulty). i cant really say anything about LO because i havent played it but i do know that they screwed over americans in terms on packaging (3 discs on top of eachother and the 4th one in a paper sleave). it does sound like an awesome game if you like the classic FF battle style. however kotaku reported that it takes about 12 seconds to load a battle.

Thanks for making the decision 10x harder, Mitch.

I guess it depends on what you are interested in. Personally, I've always hated turn-based games after I played LOTR: The Third Age. But back on topic, I would definitely go for Devil May Cry 4.

devil is as linear as super mario brothers but it's fecking amazing, I loved the PSN demo.

Lost od. has quite a few problems such as loading time for one battle taking up to 60 seconds. It's very long and one hell of an RPG...if you like it. If you're not a RPG beast don't get LO.

I say DMC4 because i love you and DMC and therefore it's a match made in heaven.

im renting dmc4 because i feel its not worthy of my $60. so i suggest buying lost odyssey and renting dmc4. going off of what mitch said, youll be able to see and do most of what there is to do in 7 days if you game fairly enough.

DEFINATELY, go with Lost Odyssey.
Devil May Cry 4 is great when it comes to the gameplay, but i've always found that with the DMC series, it's always been the old "Once you've played one of them, you've played them all" situation. if you're really into action RPG types, go with KUF: Circle of Doom, it's far more entertaining, and it'll have you playing it's co-op mode for hours.

Lost Odyssey however, is extremely unique and endlessly entertaining. The game's story is a breath of fresh air for the entire RPG genre. IMO, Lost Odyssey is a game that every 360 owner should have a copy of.

BIGWAVE said:
DEFINATELY, go with Lost Odyssey.
Devil May Cry 4 is great when it comes to the gameplay, but i've always found that with the DMC series, it's always been the old "Once you've played one of them, you've played them all" situation. if you're really into action RPG types, go with KUF: Circle of Doom, it's far more entertaining, and it'll have you playing it's co-op mode for hours.

Lost Odyssey however, is extremely unique and endlessly entertaining. The game's story is a breath of fresh air for the entire RPG genre. IMO, Lost Odyssey is a game that every 360 owner should have a copy of.
What exactly is Lost Odyssey about?

blueovalboy7 said:
What exactly is Lost Odyssey about?

A warrior cursed to live forever.

A 4 disk RPG....Hilarity will ensue.

I'm officially keeping Lost Odyssey and renting Devil May Cry 4. Thanks for your input, everyone.

Back