Need Help! Wii -> Laptop -> USB Modem

texnguy

WiiChat Member
Oct 8, 2009
FL, USA
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
I'm trying to get my Wii to connect to the internet, and I need a hand, if anyone is up to the challenge...

My laptop connects to the internet using a USB modem. Yes, it's connecting to the 3G network for my internet connectivity.

I have a wifi card on the laptop, and an ethernet port.

I am wanting to connect my Wii to my laptop, and use the laptop's internet connection to connect for online play, updates, etc. If anyone can help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am running M$ Windows Vista. I did try to set up an Ad-Hoc network, and told it to enable internet sharing. I pulled up with wireless network window, and verified that the Ad-Hoc was there an listenning, and it showed 'waiting for other users to connect' or something close to that. Then I got on the Wii and told it to look for a connection. It detected the connection, prompted me for the passphrase (using WPA2), and told it to test the connection. It never connected, and just times out after a while.

Thank you for your upcoming help! =)

I'm in the same boat as you dude. If you know what the hell a USB PID or VID is, along with knowing how to find it, there's a thread I found that enables you to trick your non Nintendo USB WiFi decide into thinking it is. At least that's what I've gathered. All I know is it's supposed to make things much easier.

http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.p...&start=0&sid=790197f3e6b4f622403d093ce251d7c3

If you figure it out, let me know.

Back