Nero Burner / Windows Help

MetroidZ

Only took 4 years to get1
May 20, 2006
London, England Rank: i-wii-sistable
Wii Online Code
1000-0000-0000-0000
I was burning a movie onto my DVD using Nero burner. I had about 5.5GB free space on my comp. Anyway, as it was transcoding the video before it burns it onto the DVD it froze, so I done a "hard reboot" (if that's the word) because my comp wasn't responding. Anyway, when I turned on my comp it only says I have about 900MB free space.

I done a hard drive scan using TreeSize professional, which basically tells you how much space you've used, and it say that I have 5.5GB free space. But why does my comp say I have 900MB?

I tried disk defrag, and disk cleanup but still no help. :sad:

Can anyone help me please.

MetroidZ said:
I was burning a movie onto my DVD using Nero burner. I had about 5.5GB free space on my comp. Anyway, as it was transcoding the video before it burns it onto the DVD it froze, so I done a "hard reboot" (if that's the word) because my comp wasn't responding. Anyway, when I turned on my comp it only says I have about 900MB free space.

I done a hard drive scan using TreeSize professional, which basically tells you how much space you've used, and it say that I have 5.5GB free space. But why does my comp say I have 900MB?

I tried disk defrag, and disk cleanup but still no help. :sad:

Can anyone help me please.
Possibly what happened was that the movie was partially encoded onto the Hard Drive, but because it was part way through, it went to the recycle bin. Some programs wouldn't pick up the extra disk space because technically anything still in teh recycle bin hasn't been deleted yet - Only prepared to be deleted. If this is the case, try emptying the recycle bin.

MetroidZ said:
There is nothing in my recycle bin.
It might be still in a temporary directory. Probably somewhere in Program files>Nero (Or something). I'd imagine it's still on your computer somewhere. You could try a search for it, if you knew what the file was called before it crashed (or even define the search perameters like roughly 900mb size). Or if you haven't modified any files since the event, you could go view>Arrange icons by>Modified

The file wasn't 900mb, thats how much free space it says I have :ee5k:

As I said, treesize proffesional shows me that I have 5.5GB free space, but my comp doesn't say that :(

I was looking for the temp files before i used the treesize program, but couldn't find anything.

Like Squall said, when the file was being transcoded it was being stored on the HD, chances are its still there somewhere. Go to the program that was doing the transcoding and go to options or settings or something and find the directory where it saves transcoded files. It should be in that directory

Back