New Price Is Right Host

Syntax

That Canucks Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0001
Thought I'd let you guys know that Drew Carey will be hosting the Price Is Right instead of Rosie O'Donnel.
By David Bauder

NEW YORK (AP) - Genial comic Drew Carey was tapped Monday to replace silver-haired legend Bob Barker on the CBS daytime game show "The Price is Right."

The deal was set Monday afternoon shortly before Carey taped a segment of CBS's "Late Show" with David Letterman, where he confirmed it. "I realize what a big responsibility this is," said Carey. "It's only a game show, but it's the longest-running game show in American television and I plan to keep it that way."

The selection attracted more attention than usual for a daytime show because of the prospect of replacing Barker, 83. Barker retired after 35 years in the job last month following taping of his 6,586th episode.

The opening attracted widespread interest, including from comic Rosie O'Donnell after she left her co-hosting job on the daytime talk show "The View."

Carey, 49, spent a decade on his own ABC sitcom and also was host of the improvisational game show "Whose Line is It Anyway?"

He will also be host of a new CBS prime-time game show, "The Power of 10," that will air first next month. He told The Associated Press on Monday that CBS officials first contacted him about "The Price is Right" immediately after he completed a pilot of the other game show this spring.

"My agent called me and said 'I was talking to CBS casting today' and in my head I was thinking, 'Oh, 'CSI' guest star?' And he said what would you think about replacing Bob Barker on 'The Price is Right?"'

Asked if he found the prospect of replacing such a TV legend daunting, Carey recalled talking to a friend who knows the game show business who told him, "as long as Bob Barker is cool with it, the fans will be cool with it." While he doesn't know Barker, Carey said he's comfortable that his predecessor will be accepting.

The negotiation process was nerve-racking. While he was talking with CBS about the job, Carey said he got a call from another lawyer in Hollywood who told him one of his clients was offered "The Price is Right" job.

Carey said he figured CBS had lined up back-ups if the first choice did not come through.

"If I was going after a second baseman, I wouldn't just talk to one second baseman," the Cleveland Indians fan said. "If I were the general manager, I would be talking to a few second basemen."

I loved him on Who's Line Is It Anyway ^_^

That was a great show.

yeah i know in my opinion i think drew carey is a better choice

Agreed. I'm glad they went with Drew Carey instead of Rosie.

What? Rosie wasn't even one of the contenders....I thought she was only mentioned in the media as a possible replacement jokingly.

There was like 3 guys who were up for it Drew included. Drew Carey is just an awesome guy and comedian I am very proud for him.

Syntax said:
Thought I'd let you guys know that Drew Carey will be hosting the Price Is Right instead of Rosie O'Donnel.

I don't watch the show that much now, but I'm glad Rosie isnt the new host. Go Carey!

personally neither one of them can fill in bob barker, but drew is much better than rosie. wat does rosie even do now and days?.......

What? Rosie wasn't even one of the contenders....I thought she was only mentioned in the media as a possible replacement jokingly.

Bob Barker actually wanted her to replace him... When asked about taking his spot as host Rosie mentioned she didn't want too move.. to much trouble or something.. So they began to look for other possible hosts..

Don't know if I am a big of fan of this, but prefer him over Rosie.
It will be hard for me to watch though, so many days home sick from school, most summer days I would watch bob and the price is right, never will be as good or the same :(

thank u i like drey carey and i dont like rosie she really annoying to me

Syntax said:
Bob Barker actually wanted her to replace him... When asked about taking his spot as host Rosie mentioned she didn't want too move.. to much trouble or something.. So they began to look for other possible hosts..

Exactly, Rosie was never actually in the running. So why even mention her in the OP?

wiizorer said:
because she was the initial possibility

She was a rumored possibility like a month ago. She was never even considered by CBS due to her horrendous go on the View.

So the OP is kind of misleading because it is going to make them think it somehow came down to being between Carey and O'Donnell.

Back