New Study: Teenagers Often Ignore Peoples Feelings!

Scream

President of NO MA'AM
Sep 25, 2006
Central Coast, CA, USA
Wii Online Code
0169-9501-5816-7969
Study: Feelings matter less to teenagers

Big News Network.com
Thursday 7th September, 2006 (UPI)
British researchers at University College London say teenagers often ignore people's feelings and even fail to think about their own feelings before acting.

The scientists say teenagers today, when considering a course of action, seldom use the area of their brain that's involved in thinking about other people's emotions and thoughts.

Scientists say they've discovered that, when making decisions about what action to take, the medial prefrontal cortex -- a region of the brain associated with higher-level thinking, empathy and guilt -- is under-used by teenagers. Instead, an area of the brain, involved in perceiving and imagining actions, takes over.

Sarah-Jayne Blakemore of UCL's Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience said: The fact that teenagers under-use the medial pre-frontal cortex when making decisions about what to do implies that they are less likely to think about how they themselves and how other people will feel as a result of their intended action.

The study was presented Thursday in Norwich during the Festival of Science, sponsored by the British Association for the Advancement of Science.

http://www.britainnews.net/story/e4028446876d57a1

How shocking!:sick:

well i guess i wasnt an ordinary teenager then lol. i hardly ever did anything before thinking of others feelings

I know even at a young age I had respect for others. I guess that atitude is changing among the young though.

Its because back in the day, you had to respect your teachers or they would whoop your ass and fail you. Now, you can curse and scream and they can't do anything about it. Most of the time they can't even hold stupid kids back anymore.

Yeah how true that is. Good old PC. I am only 21 mind you.... things I guess change quick.

thats the way it is nationwide in the uk.

Im in 5th year (15-16 year olds)

and allready i can see that the 1st and 2nd years coming up are little neds (scottish word for...........cant really explain it, its kinda like a guy in a gang, but have really annoying voices)

Also does anybody else think that you were a lot bigger when you were their age? THey look like 5 year olds.

My yongest nepthew turns 5 soon

wha

Back