new wii

I'm not sure you can. You need to either hack it or go back to where you brought it. They should have details about the last owner.

^ That's not always true. Places like Gamestop don't necessarily keep the details they should for used products...

In the settings (probably the last page), one of the options should have to do with "formatting". That should delete everything on the Wii, including that password locking internet usage. That may also be password-protected though. In that case, you'd need t' send your Wii to Nintendo.

^ That's not always true. Places like Gamestop don't necessarily keep the details they should for used products...

In the settings (probably the last page), one of the options should have to do with "formatting". That should delete everything on the Wii, including that password locking internet usage. That may also be password-protected though. In that case, you'd need t' send your Wii to Nintendo.

Well, it's the law in England to keep those kind of details. And my friend had this problem, he couldn't get to formatting section becuase it had parental controls (maybe PAL Wii's are different?).

I somehow doubt that they need t' keep track of passwords in the console by law, namely through a loophole or two... But 'ey, I ain't no UK resident so I certainly wouldn't know. :lol:

And my friend had this problem, he couldn't get to formatting section becuase it had parental controls (maybe PAL Wii's are different?).

Last I checked, you can choose what's passworded and what isn't.

You only need to keep details like their address... You obviously don't keep a fact file like passwords lol. And the Wii might already have parental controls set up on it, and they might stop you from editing anything. That's the problem my friend had, but he was able to find the previous owner and it was all sorted out.

Back