News from my town!

surfinrach90

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT.
Dec 27, 2006
Well I'm always posting some sort of news, and this happend last night in my town! so I though I'd post it.. just because lol.

_44185992_neathfire300.jpg

Fire has destroyed an historic building which was undergoing a £4m restoration to become an arts centre.

Flames ripped through the 120-year-old Gwyn Hall in Neath, engulfing the four-storey Victorian theatre.

Police say they are "keeping an open mind" about the cause of the blaze, which destroyed the hall within hours of starting at 2100 BST on Thursday.

Loads of my friends told me last night as it was happening that they could see it. Also, walking from college over to the boyfs house this morning I couldn't go into Argos to by a case for my camera because it's right oppesit the hall and the road was closed off.

I also had to down into the next street to get back and it was covered in smoke and loads of ash on the road, and this was like 11:00 am the morning after it all.

Shame really, they've been working on it for sooo long. My mates step-dad used to be the mayor of the town and he was on the news this morning talking about it lol​

Its a real shame that its gone...my school used to take us there all the time for plays and stuff, it has some fond memories behind it...

Theres a, all be it lack luster, museum there so I hope what ever was in side, along with the many valuible paintings that littered the hall, were taken out before the workers started there so long ago...

They probably were gone because of the work going on there.

Wow, that sucks, I hate to see things like that happen. We have a museam around here for the old homesteaders that used to migrate via Oregon Trail around here, and its hundreds of years old. If it were to burn down, oh man, I would be so f***in pissed...

The destruction of a historic building is not a good thing to hear, especially when they were in the middle of renovating it. Something tells me that this was the work of some vandals, but I could be wrong.

Byuakuya said:
The destruction of a historic building is not a good thing to hear, especially when they were in the middle of renovating it. Something tells me that this was the work of some vandals, but I could be wrong.
or maybe an insurance claim

Back