Nintendo originaly wanted to go crazy with peripherals.

thas

Canadian/Gamer for life
Sep 17, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
4614-1471-6665-4276
A document published by the European Patent Office has revealed a number of Nintendo's 'interesting' ideas for Wii peripherals, including a baseball bat, a skateboard and a teddy bear.

Take a look at the images of the patents for yourself.

Advertisement:

Nintendo filed the patent way back in May of 2006, so we imagine most of the concepts have since been discarded.

However, as exemplified by Shigeru Miyamoto's 20-year obsession with bringing the Mii's to life, the company sometimes just won't let their idea's die.

Interestingly, hidden within the barmy pictures is a Wii Remote charger unit. Hopefully this won't be one thrown out with the rest.

NOTE: pictures of these peripherals are at the bottom of the linked page.

Source:http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=181197

screenshot_191572.jpg

:wtf:

I'd really like to see a Kart addon, a life sized sit in Mario Kart would fly off the shelves. Imagine you and 3 buddies all sat in one, swiping at each other with the wiimote to throw shells :D

lol, yeah some of these ideas are kind of stupid.

Yeah I saw those pictures yesterday, some of them are quite farfetched.
Maybe we can expect one of these after Wii Fit? :lol:

Well, the WiiSports bat was a good one if anything (the best there). Stuff like the chair and bear were just stupid.

Test your... CHAIR STRENGTH! Go!

261311 said:
Well, the WiiSports bat was a good one if anything (the best there). Stuff like the chair and bear were just stupid.

Test your... CHAIR STRENGTH! Go!

LOL. i just laughed at every post you made in this thread.:lol:

most of them seem improbable, but the skateboard doesn't make sense at all. So you're playing Tony Hawk, you want to do a kick flip in the game, so you actually... have to do a kickflip... in your house...? isn't that the part of the beauty of gaming, the fact that i'm an untalented person but i can do cool stuff in the game? If that happened all i'd be able to do in the game is friggin tic-tac around the levels... and fall.

i would pay them $50 just to tell me what the hell they were thinking about doing with the chair and the teddy bear. The bear could be be some kind of hug-o-meter? Maybe helpful for girls who just got dumped? I guess they could have a simulation game where you're really really old and your just hanging out in a rocking chair on your porch chain smoking and doing a crossword... Level 2- in the kitchen playing solitare(online mode would be Bridge)... Level 3- in the backseat of your kids car yelling at them about how they should be driving. and LEVEL 4- in the living room, watching soaps, and KNITTING!!!!... level 5-... death?

Last edited:
smyth said:
skateboad
See, just the thought bugs me. You're completely right, did you see the place where the Wiimote goes? You'd actually have to ride along in your house with it to play the game.

By the way, Skateboard + Treadmill = Fun (who needs a game?).
thas said:
LOL. i just laughed at every post you made in this thread.:lol:
I know, I'm awesome :cool:

261311 said:

See, just the thought bugs me. You're completely right, did you see the place where the Wiimote goes? You'd actually have to ride along in your house with it to play the game.

By the way, Skateboard + Treadmill = Fun (who needs a game?).

haha the problem is the axle of a skateboard is nowhere near big enough in diameter to have a wiimote fit into it, so it would either have to be a none-rolling board, or an ultrasmall wiimote/megultra huge axle in which case turning would be near impossible(and the stress would probably destroy the wiimote anyway.
I wish they came out with it, i would love to skateboard around my 2 bedroom apartment, i'm sure my roommate won't care, and i'm possitive i won't end up killing one of the dogs(or myself)...

(fixed the typo too, thanks :))

oddly enought the bike one actually makes sense, on a stationary bike if you had it in the pedal like shown the accellerameter could gauge power output, speed, etc, the only thing is it would also have to know what gear you're in, and for any interesting game/good workout, have a restistance unit that could simulate the resistance of inclines and such. But there are systems that actually do that and hook up to your television... and they only cost around $1200

Last edited:
balrogs.pa said:
I laughed with the power glove remake picture. (The wimote on the wrist)

do you really need a periph for that... couldn't you just grab a rubberband or two?:lol:

balrogs.pa said:
I laughed with the power glove remake picture. (The wimote on the wrist)
Hey, quiet. I was the original patent designer for that. It originally sold for $60.
[MEDIA]
ziikn8.jpg
[/MEDIA]
Any buyers? I'll give you a discount (Warning: Arm not included).

Back