Nintendo originaly wanted to go crazy with peripherals.

261311 said:
Hey, quiet. I was the original patent designer for that. It originally sold for $60.
[IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6091/ziikn8.jpg[/IMG]
Any buyers? I'll give you a discount (Warning: Arm not included).

see now had you engineered it better, the rear tied down wouldn't be depressing the 1 button all the time, it would also make the button more accessable while also anchoring the entire mechanism in a more sturdy fashion. PSSSHHH i'll wait for v. 2.0 to be released, and all the bugs are worked out.
:lol:

the wrist strap seems like a possible idea. It could work for a boxing or fighting title, one on each wrist. But the strap would be necessary since most wii owners can't think outside the box enough to find ways to securely bind the wii mote to the wrist without discomfort. So sadly they would need a wrist strap.

The light gun and goggles intrigue me. I saw a youtube vid of a guy who used the wii remote for head tracking. It allowed for realistic character movement through the simulated background. It's explained in the video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

so the potential for a total immersion fps is possible. And the light gun and glasses prototype even shows that nintendo has even considered this before...to an extent.

With the Wii balance board coming, it would possibly be able to use that in an fps environment. (think time crisis..but with more physics involved allowing for more control)

now if you were to employ the nun chuck+wiimote set up and then add the possibility of an IR headset then we have a level of control for an FPS not even seen on pc games.
Being able to have pinpoint aim whilst running and strafing is a luxury long enjoyed by pc gamers and the wiimote_nun chuck set up is the closest that consoles have come so far to developing something so fluid.

Take the precise controls of the wiimote, Then add something that recognizes body movement and position into the mix along with the head tracking. You now have three independent sensors going all at once. One for the head, one for the body and one for the arm. If those three elements were spliced into an FPS, then tat would be the move innovative and immersive game in the genre and would catch like wildfire.

Just a thought. But I don't work for nintendo so I'm pretty sure my words fall on deaf ears but oh well. I'm just hoping they figure this stuff out before the end of the wii's life cycle.

damnit! i knew i shouldntve sold my wii, what if that teddy bear does come out someday! im so jealous.

but i dont understand what that cube with remote is? and that bike wouldve probably cost 100 dollars. lol

i think what nintendo were actually doing wasn't trying to think of things THEY could make, but rather coming up with as many patents that they KNEW were ridiculous or wouldn't work. That way in getting the patent for these weird designs themselves they prevent other 3rd party companies like MadCatz or Nyko from making them.

Comic book companies do that too. The two that spring to mind are Spiderwoman and Batwoman, at the time Marvel and DC had no intentions of ever making such characters but they wanted to get the rights to the names right away to prevent other companies from making cheap knockoffs of their hit characters Spiderman and Batman.

261311 said:
I need my arm dammit, how much you paying if I throw it in?

you could always replace it with someone else's arm. i think it's more the point of gaining and arm, not so much depriving you of an arm.

smyth said:
you could always replace it with someone else's arm. i think it's more the point of gaining and arm, not so much depriving you of an arm.

So I guess the next questions would be, how do you know it's my arm, and how would I stop it from bleeding in the packaging? Shrink-wrap?

The Teddy could be for some very very (very) pathetic little girl who wants to have a virtual experience while trying trying to get to sleep.

261311 said:

So I guess the next questions would be, how do you know it's my arm, and how would I stop it from bleeding in the packaging? Shrink-wrap?

put the blood in the bottle please.:devil:. wait so its not your arm.:mad5: see now i dont want it. still want the blood though. MUHAHAHA.

Hmm if it fit in the cube better i would think of it as Extream Tetris

[media]http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_191575.jpg[/media]

You need 4 wiimotes and 4 wiimote cubese to constantly build the next block you need... Computer gives you one you build the next one... It would almost be as cool as a Lego build off tournament... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back