Nintendo platforms dominant

Minto

You're kidding, right?
Dec 15, 2006
Northern Ireland
Wii Online Code
0505-6993-9515-7982
The Wii held onto the top spot in Japan while the DS fought back to outsell the PSP during the week ended February 17.

A weekly drop in Wii sales wasn't enough to stop the system bossing the latest Japanese hardware chart - the system outsold its handheld sibling by more than 16,000 units.

While DS took back the No2 spot from PSP following a small weekly sales boost there was only a marginal difference in sales between the two handhelds.

PS3 sales suffered the largest weekly dip but Sony's latest console still managed to outsell its predecessor and Xbox 360 combined.

Wii - 78,583
Nintendo DS - 62,362
PSP - 59,654
PlayStation 3 - 17,637
PlayStation 2 - 11,266
Xbox 360 - 2,198

Courtesy of Next Generation

oh gawd lets not get on weekly sales numbers it will be nothing but an endless Flame fest.. ha ha

ya in japan, lol ya ps2 is still pretyt popular worldwide as the cheep console when you cant find a wii. lol

Yeah I considered getting a PS2 at one point. I've also considered a 360 and a PS3 as well. It'll have to wait till I'm out of college and making money I don't know what to spend on.

The sales of the Wii are like that mainly because of the Brawl in Japan and how well it is doing there.

It'll continue that way when it comes out here followed by mario kart, followed by wii fit. (hopefully in that order)

The PS2 is being cancelled this year. The PS3 is coming back. A predicted fierce fight for second place may happen after all. I think what hurt the PS3 the most was the PS2. Sony should have cancelled it like the 360 did with the Xbox. It's severly hindered PS3 sales. Heck, I bought 3 PS2 games in 2007.

Back