Nintendo UK Customer Services

TheRealMrDuck

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2006
Has anyone else had any dealings with Nintendo UK C/S?

By reading over posts on here, it seems we're getting totally screwed by Nintyl!!

Our friends over the pond ring up, find out its faulty..and hey presto a brand spanking new one is despatched out straight away!!

Where as I call up, wait 46 mins in a bleeding call cue to speak to some bloke with a smaller IQ than most cabbages, and get told "post it in and we'll keep it to one side for yer, and have have a look!?":mad:

WTF - is that all about??? Because we're not in the US our faulty one's don't count?!??

I'm interested to know if anyone in the UK has been able to get a Advanced replacement for the duff consoles!

I was JUST going to start a thread on this very subject!

Yep my dealings with Nintendo UK are exactly the same wait on hold for an age, get told by someone that 'if im worried send it in and they will have a look' send it in and now I'm going to have to wait for ages.

This is just not good enough espicially when you take into account that they are not replying to e-mails and you have to wait on hold so long on the phone! They knew they were launching a new console and would be stretched so you'd have thought they would get there act together and make sure that they are prepared!

Anyone else had any experiences with Nintendo UK?

I called them back and gave em a right bo**ocking. Told them that it was unfair that we're treated so sh*te compaired to our American freinds. Then got the address for the complaints department, and the name of Ninty UK president.

I believe a rude letter maybe in order.....then a trip to Portsmouth with some bats!!!!

Yeh the US and Japan get priority of everthing PS3 Nintendos, as they have a bigger market to sell to.

Its unfair i agree its totally ****

Go Duck! I would join you down there but, ya know, can't be bothered and all that. Right kick in the teeth though having to wait over a month rather than a few days for our lucky American friends. Ah well we got Wii play first hey *rolls eyes*

Does anyone know of somewhere we could complain and make a fuss about this? I mean having to wait so long just is not acceptable. Do Nintendo have a complaints line or something?

Yeh there must be some kind of complaints line...

Although i cant see it doing ,much good, as its only a smal minority of people that seem to be havong problems, making them need to ring the CS. Also they wont ship out any more units to the UK any quicker they've got set dates for things and they aint gonna change them to replace a few consoles!

A;though agin i agree with you the americans are gettin better treatment than us, more cosoles, replacement consoles. But thats because they hav all the consoles

Im hoping i dont have any need to ring them EVER

Hope you get your problkem sorted

Guys you have to be patient, NOA is the same as the UK, DEAL WITH IT

If you want to complain the address is: -

Nintendo Complaints
Nintendo UK
Mansour House
188 Bath Road
Slough
Barkshire
SL1 3GA

I addressed mine to David Yarnton who is the president of Ninty UK. The bloke will never get the letter, but the Company secretary will pick it up and normally deal with it quicker.

Cannon -Cleary NOA is not the same. They get advanced replacements, we get a 1 month wait. Read over posts / threads regarding this and you'll clearly see that the UK is getting the sh*ty end of the stick

cannon said:
Guys you have to be patient, NOA is the same as the UK, DEAL WITH IT

I'm only saying this from reading this thread and my experience, but the Customer Service in America seems a lot nicer than the UK. I live in America, and my wiimote speaker started acting up, called up NOA customer support, no hold time, gave me an advanced replacement within 4 days. Now granted that seemed like overly amazing customer service to me, but judging by some of these posts it doesnt look like the UK is getting anywhere near this treatment. Hopefull the UK support will get as good as the US, it shouldn't that hard as vanderz said, the UK doesn't have as big of a market, so it shouldn't take as much manpower to get a good customer service going.

Yeah the UK market is a lot smaller than the US one so it shouldn't be as hard, but the main thing is you'd have thought that they would be perpared for these problems, they knew the launch was comming so why didn't they make sure they were ready for the extra support they must have known they would nedd to provide?

I called Nintendo this morning, just to have a go and see if I could get through, and they have a new automated message. It says that they are having a high volume of calls at the moment and to save waiting on hold there are a couple of options. The message then said that if you have sent in hardware they now have stock and you should be receiving your hardware in 10 working days.

Hopefully now this is now gonna be all sorted out!

Well I finally got my Wii back yesterday. Went through a right problem with parcel force but nevermind. Nintendo said they were sending me a 'new' console but it seems that mine is a refurb, the console looks new enough (apart from a couple of little marks on the SD flap) but when I turned it on there was no setup. I checked the message board and there were a couple of play logs. The console was also nicknamed 'Wii Monkey' lol. A quick system restore cleared it all though and now the system is as good as new.

Back