Nintendo Wii -> on a computer monitor

wannabricer

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2007
hey guys,
i just joined this forum today, and i purchased my wii on ebay last night. it should be here soon so i am excited. i had a ps3 and returned it becasue it was just not worth the money, so im lookuing forward to joining the nintendo revolution of the 21st century. anyway, i was wondering if anyone knew of a cable to buy so i could play the wii from my computer screen. its a sony SDM-HS95P and is 19 inches. it has a port for both HDMI and DVI. one of the reasons i didint like the ps3 was becasue it wasnt compatible with my screen, something about not being HDCP compatible. but i was just hoping someone could help me find the correct cable to use so i could use it on my screen. thanks for all the help and i look forward to the forum family :smilewinkgrin:

-space

wannabricer said:
hey guys,
i just joined this forum today, and i purchased my wii on ebay last night. it should be here soon so i am excited. i had a ps3 and returned it becasue it was just not worth the money, so im lookuing forward to joining the nintendo revolution of the 21st century. anyway, i was wondering if anyone knew of a cable to buy so i could play the wii from my computer screen. its a sony SDM-HS95P and is 19 inches. it has a port for both HDMI and DVI. one of the reasons i didint like the ps3 was becasue it wasnt compatible with my screen, something about not being HDCP compatible. but i was just hoping someone could help me find the correct cable to use so i could use it on my screen. thanks for all the help and i look forward to the forum family :smilewinkgrin:

-space

There are many places to buy video boxes that will do what you want. You could also just plug into your videocard if it supports video-in via composite. Google is your friend.

yes video card with the correct inputs or a cheap tv tuner i have norwoodmicro tv tuner cost $29 bucks and it has inputs to run the wii but i havnt tried it lol

ive tried it on my 22" WS through my tv tuner. gfx isnt too bad...
as others have said, get a tv tuner, s-vid in cable and a RCA Y cable.
im lucky enough to have most of the cables on hand.

i have an ATI x1800XT video card that has Video IN. I also have an RCA Y-splitter for the audio. In theory it should work, but i haven't tried. You can always get a TV tuner card.. hook it up to your VCR and plug the Wii in the VCR. Quality I'm guessing won't be all that good.

Back