No More Heroes Began Life on 360

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Grasshopper founder Suda51 has told MCV that he first planned for Rising Star’s No More Heroes to be an Xbox 360 title.

Speaking exclusively in the No More Heroes Recommended Extra magazine given away free in this weeks’s MCV magazine, Suda51 said:

“Originally, I’d wanted to make this game for Xbox 360, actually. [Marvelous Interactive boss] Wada-san had information about the new Wii and how the new controller would work before it came out, so that’s why he thought I should produce the game on that format.

“At the time, I didn’t really understand why, but after seeing and understanding how it works, I think it was a good choice and the controller works really well with the game.”

Source

i dont know what to say. im speechless. this artcile is writen in a way that people cant respond to it. unless by asking questions anyway. its all factual.

I wonder how it would have sold. There's alot of other games I think would have overshadowed the game. Especially GTA4 even though its not released until late april.

i dont think it would have done good on the 360. it stands out on the wii but on the 360 this type of game isnt that hard to find(in a sense).

Yea thats what I mean. On the Wii this game is extremely unique because there literally isn't anything like it. But on the 360 a mature rated game with alot of violence or sandbox type game is kind of common. So even though 360 sells more on average, I think it would sell better on the Wii. The only plus to it being on 360 is achievements to add replay value, other than that its better on the Wii overall.

T3kNi9e said:
Yea thats what I mean. On the Wii this game is extremely unique because there literally isn't anything like it. But on the 360 a mature rated game with alot of violence or sandbox type game is kind of common. So even though 360 sells more on average, I think it would sell better on the Wii. The only plus to it being on 360 is achievements to add replay value, other than that its better on the Wii overall.

Yeah I was just going to say that. 360 has a bunch of M rated games and good third party titles already. Wii has very few of both, so it would do a bit better on Wii.

Yeah I read this earlier... I look forward to a part two though as the fatal fram stuff is looking good also! The comic look would have been a total turn off for the xbox 360 guys and the weirdness would be too much for most players on that system. He couldn't get away with the retro look either and last but not least it would have takened way long for it to come out.

Hmm, agreeing with T3kNi9e, it would still have sold a bit better on the Wii. This is like a one of a kind game on the Wii, 360 has like 50 million zillion buhshillzion of these~Bloody Gory Games FTW

Back