No Report Thread Button

nkbswe5

nkbswe5. RLY!
Jun 27, 2006
Not in America
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
or is there?
What happens if we get a spam thread. Noone can report it.
Or a thread that began as a normal thread but turned into a spam thread?
That is all.

You can report the first post of the thread and a moderator will come and delete it if they think it necessary. The report button is the red triangle below your Wii Username.

AceAlabama said:
What if the first post is okay, but the thread as a whole got off-topic?
If that occurs, then a moderator will lock the thread.

FR. said:
If that occurs, then a moderator will lock the thread.
But how does the mod know? What if the thread has 200 pages of good posts, then suddenly everyone on the thread decides to start talking about where they went, how scared they are of talking to girls or other non Wii related stuff in a Wii in Australia thread [/URL]

Last edited:
nkbswe5 said:
But how does the mod know? What if the thread has 200 pages of good posts, then suddenly everyone on the thread decides to start talking about where they went, how scared they are of talking to girls or other non Wii related stuff in a Wii in Australia thread

That's my (our) point.

Nice thread to single out lol.

The only way for a moderator to find out is if a member reports any off-topic post in the thread, then we can take action. Also, any member is free to send a PM to a moderator regarding a concern.

If the thread was big and successful, then we will delete it, then re-create it.

AceAlabama said:
That's my (our) point.

Nice thread to single out lol.

FR. said:
The only way for a moderator to find out is if a member reports any off-topic post in the thread, then we can take action. Also, any member is free to send a PM to a moderator regarding a concern.

If the thread was big and successful, then we will delete it, then re-create it.
I tried to a couple of mods (not admin), I don't know if my message got through or if the thread I reported was just not off topic like I thought it was.

nkbswe5 said:
But how does the mod know? What if the thread has 200 pages of good posts, then suddenly everyone on the thread decides to start talking about where they went, how scared they are of talking to girls or other non Wii related stuff in a Wii in Australia thread

On some forums there is a option to cut the thread in two (or more) (for mods)
So most will just take out the off topic posts

As FR. mentioned, if you notice that a member has begun to go off topic and or spam a thread just use the report button and we will take a look at the posts in question. All because you report a post doesn't mean that that certain threads needs to be locked/deleted.

Back