No Resident Evil until 2008

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
Credit: 1up.com

It's a translation of a translation of a translation -- what a pain. According to Gamefront via Famitsu Xbox 360 (that's not the same thing as Famitsu) and brought to you by way of Babelfish, it looks like the only-announced-and-then-vanished Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game (moneyhats pending) Resident Evil 5 will not make it to store shelves until sometime in 2008. We'd heard rumblings that said "Resident Evil is a long way away," and the Famitsu Xbox 360 interview with Capcom producer Jun Takeuchi confirms just that.
Other bizarre translation nuggets included Jun Takeuchi talking about how the hair textures were going to be awesome, hot and cold would be gameplay mechanics, they are targeting 60 frames per second and the game might bring peace in the Middle East (one of these is false).

Furthermore, as Resident Evil 5 likely would ship in late-2008, it's not farfetched to think that this game could actually end up shipping in 2009 -- just in time for us to get ready for the next console cycle to begin. Woo!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

By then the Ps3 and 360 will have price drops, which I see as being a good thing.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is coming out much sooner. I'm actually looking forward to seing how Capcom can pull it off with the Wiimote.

Man, Residen Evil on the ps3 have to be sick with the graphics.
No pics yet? :smilewinkgrin:

Kamikaze said:
Credit: 1up.com

It's a translation of a translation of a translation -- what a pain. According to Gamefront via Famitsu Xbox 360 (that's not the same thing as Famitsu) and brought to you by way of Babelfish, it looks like the only-announced-and-then-vanished Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game (moneyhats pending) Resident Evil 5 will not make it to store shelves until sometime in 2008. We'd heard rumblings that said "Resident Evil is a long way away," and the Famitsu Xbox 360 interview with Capcom producer Jun Takeuchi confirms just that.
Other bizarre translation nuggets included Jun Takeuchi talking about how the hair textures were going to be awesome, hot and cold would be gameplay mechanics, they are targeting 60 frames per second and the game might bring peace in the Middle East (one of these is false).

Furthermore, as Resident Evil 5 likely would ship in late-2008, it's not farfetched to think that this game could actually end up shipping in 2009 -- just in time for us to get ready for the next console cycle to begin. Woo!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

By then the Ps3 and 360 will have price drops, which I see as being a good thing.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and the next consoles are coming 2010-2011 so im not worried bout that, but god damn, i was hoping for early 2008, im thinking theyll announce it at E3 or whatever it is now

Grand Theft Auto, Assasin's Creed, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy 13 are all games that have either been pulled from the PS3 or delayed till 2008. My question is... aside from MGS4, what does Sony have left for 2007?

sagema said:
Grand Theft Auto, Assasin's Creed, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy 13 are all games that have either been pulled from the PS3 or delayed till 2008. My question is... aside from MGS4, what does Sony have left for 2007?
empty pockets

Back