Ocarina of time trouble......

MikemasterM1

ssbb fc 4253-3157-3147
I need help with my n64 ocarina of time. I played it agian after a long time last year. I was on the water temple ( the game was beaten before but my bro deleted the file). I played the game again recently and somehow the first file was only deleted. Is this a glitch? I really was far and now i have to start from scratch so plz someone tell me whats wrong with my game.
P.S. Nobody touched it at all because i played N64 games a lot this year like smash bros. so i kept a good eye on it.

Depends. I think putting the cart next to a speaker may begin to wipe the data (much like video tapes, and some other things that use magnetics to save data).

Thankfully, I think it only wipes or corrupts writable data, and leaves Read-only data (kind of why CD's and DVD's aren't effected in the same way).

The game could be completely intact. I guess you'll have to save and test on whether it's still working or not...

I think this is common with cartridges that go unused for a while. A lot of my SNES save games were wiped, and they were kept in a tubberware container in the back of my closet (No other electronics/magnets/whatever.) The games were still in working condition, but it was like no one had ever played them.

Tairusu said:
I think this is common with cartridges that go unused for a while. A lot of my SNES save games were wiped, and they were kept in a tubberware container in the back of my closet (No other electronics/magnets/whatever.) The games were still in working condition, but it was like no one had ever played them.
Interesting. Well, I know some of the original carts had battery saves, so the batteries may have run down (believe it or not, things like Zelda was like that).

Not sure about how or even IF you can replace them...

Other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest. Buying them on VC when they come out I suppose...

well if you call nintendo they may change the bat if it needs to be fixed

^^ Uh nintendo stoped making cartridges a long time ago

Back