Ok I'm connected but ...

Inexxa

Nerf warlocks!
May 30, 2007
Darlo'
I've been playing Mario Strikers Charged the day it came out online, connection is fine/fast and steady although the problem I'm facing with the connection is having both my Wii and PC online at the same time.

Right now I'm using :

- NTL/Virgin Modem.
- Datel wii Lan adapter.
- Firewall set on and allowing exceptions.

With Medal of honor coming out I would love to chill on Vent with my mates but for some reason if I try and connect my Wii while on the net the wii connection won't work and if I try and connect to the net on the PC while on the Wii that doesn't work.

I was hoping someone can maybe help me to get both working at once without buying a router.

Any ideas guys?

I don't know anything about your modem, so bear with me. How is this all wired together? It should be from modem (either USB or eth depending on modem) to computer, then from eth on comp to Wii LAN adapter. Depending on how exactly it is wired, I can give you some places to look for the issue.

Modem goes to computer via USB.

For some reason my computer doesnt have the correct socket to fit the cable from the adapter so I was putting the cable in the ethernet socket in the modem.

I have a USB and Ethernet port in the modem.

thats why you can't get both online at the same time. You need to get yourself an ethernet card to go into your computer if you want both online at once. although it would be easier to buy a router to connect to your modem, it is cheaper to install an ethernet card in your comp.

<edit> almost all DSL or cable modems will only use one of the ports at a time, thats why your having the issue

Last edited:
Inexxa said:
I've been playing Mario Strikers Charged the day it came out online, connection is fine/fast and steady although the problem I'm facing with the connection is having both my Wii and PC online at the same time.

Right now I'm using :

- NTL/Virgin Modem.
- Datel wii Lan adapter.
- Firewall set on and allowing exceptions.

With Medal of honor coming out I would love to chill on Vent with my mates but for some reason if I try and connect my Wii while on the net the wii connection won't work and if I try and connect to the net on the PC while on the Wii that doesn't work.

I was hoping someone can maybe help me to get both working at once without buying a router.

Any ideas guys?

o bolded the problem. that is what i think it is if you have a spare one try it. i use wireless and we have 3 no 4 computers wired to are wireless router.

Back