Okami - confirmed for Wii

Secumfex

Ninja? I'm a Pirate! Yarr
Jan 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
6205-5687-4726-5914
Just surfing around, I stopped at Kotaku and found this:

Capcom has finally confirmed persistent rumours that Okami is coming to Nintendo Wii, telling a London audience this week that the game will arrive on our screens in spring 2008.
Advertisement

Celebrated on PS2 for its absorbing puzzle and action adventure mechanics, gripping narrative inspired by Japanese folklore and beautiful watercolour visuals, its rebirth on Wii has been much hyped.

The game also lends itself rather well to the potential of Nintendo's Wiimote for control. Amaterasu's Celestial Brush - a paintbrush used in combat and for solving puzzles - is a perfect fit for the Wiimote, and so it proves, while combat will also include various "motion-controlled physical attacks".

On the whole though, it's the game that Kristan loved so much it got top marks, calling it "a game so engrossing, so crafted and so life-affirming that nothing else in the world seems to matter". In sentence number two.

Source:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=85578
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor-confirmed/okami-wii-confirmed-312378.php

Good news, isn't it?

I knew Okami would be coming to the Wii, drawing with the wiimote would be awesome..

Thanks ^^

zurukea said:
I'm not quite sure what this game is, I think i saw it somewhere, PinBall, I'm way off right, maybe a pic or screenshot, I'm dumb lolz

Look it up on google, one of the best PS2 games to ever be released and one of my personal favs.

Sounds good to me.
I remember this being a rumor before, and now its confirmed.
Thanks for sharing.

It will most likely be a port, but similar to Resident Evil 4, I think this port will work very well on the Wii... I didn't get to try the full game on PS2, so I am looking forward to this one. I loved the art style

pretty cool i always thought this game looked cool and now i might buy it

Are you sure it's a port? I'm not entirely sure if a port is possible with the loss of clover studios. It wouldn't at all surprise me if this is an entirely new game. I mean think about it, if they really wanted to port why didn't they just do it faster. I mean, I know atleast 20 people who loved Okami for the PS2 and thought a wii version would be absolutely fantastic. I imagine that Capcom heard people like this and knew it would be great. So, why wouldn't they just port it over earlier? Maybe because they have been developing this one since the end of 06?

Back