Online Freezing Problem

Hyacinthe

WiiChat Member
Jan 16, 2011
Utah
Okay so while this is not a MAJOR problem, as of yet. Each time I get a new game, that has online capabilities. When I try to access the online features, te game will freeze, followed with the annoying buzzing sound coming from the TV speakers. I have to hold the power button down, until it shuts off, (turns red) than reboot the system. I only have a few online games, Black Ops, 007, and RockBand 3. Each game has froze the first time I tried to access the online features of the game. Though this only happens the first time I try, and does not seem to happen after that first time. Generally it freezes before the online features even load up, so I am not actually playing, I am waiting for it to load, if that made since.

Anyways, was simply wondering what could be causing this issue. My internet is NOT the greatest, and I know that the Nintendo Wireless is not the greatest either... Though my internet can handle online gaming on both, consoles, and computer, as well as handle NetFlix. Sometimes it just does not want to work very well... SEVERAL internet connection errors on my system during these times, but several attempts to access the internet, it will finally work. I was just wondering if my slow internet could be causing freezes when trying to access online features on games.

Or could it be freezing up because the Wii's WFC sucks sometimes and than it causes the game to freeze? Or could it just be completely random freezes? Apart from online games freezing when first trying to access the online features, my Wii is flawless, in terms of freezing issues. It has froze on time while loading a VC game, as well as when trying to close out of the NetFlix application...

Could someone please help me determine the cause of this issue? Thank you in advance for your answers, I appreciate them. I await your answers and comments. Thank you again.

I only know the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection can´t be causing the problem, and if it works fine the second time and you don´t have WiiConnect 24 turned on, maybe you have too much devices hooked up to your router and it´s causing a little bump when connecting a new one, maybe.

I do have connect 24 on, as it keeps my system warm in my freezing room. Anyways, the only things that ALWAYS stay connect to my router is my PS2, as I play Final Fantasy XI... Anyways, its always the first time I try to access the online features of a game I have not previously played, every time after that, it works flawlessly, except an occasional connection error, which is fixed after a few attempts...

Okay, sorry, I just assumed you didn't have Wiiconnect24 on cause you put "turns red" when you forced the shutdown, Then, why it turns red?, strange, well I´m sure someone around here will be capable of give you an answer.

Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it. When you hold down the power button, on the system, it will not turn (orange, yellow) whatever the color is, it will turn red, indicating that connect 24 is NOT on... When I turn the system off using my controller, I hold the button down just long enough for the system to start shutting down, and leave it connect 24. Sorry for the miss understanding, I assume I was not clear enough on my description of the problem. :p

Whoa o_O, well, I didn´t know that, thanks for letting me know, and know, Hope you get fixed your problem. (b^_^)b

Just realized that I placed this post in the wrong section of the forum. If a moderator would kindly move my post to the correct second, I would be great full.

Doma, thank you. Its not much of a problem, as I said before, just curious as to why this is happening. Thanks again for your help, I do appreciate it. :p I hope I get it fixed as well.

nintendo WFC isn't really that bad.On blackops crrently the wii has a better server than ps3. my clanmates that have a ps3 say they can't finish a game without connection interrupted. xbox you pay for it so im ssuming its good. Also have you tried the lens cleaner? and try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth.

Its not the disk, its either the system its self, or the connection to my router, or WFC in general. It has literally happened to EVERY online game I have, the VERY first time I access the online features of the game. :p Black Ops has never frozen, apart from when I first played the game online. Even than it froze loading, I was not able to join a game, or anything else. I never technically, connected to the internet before it froze. :p

Back