Original Games for Wii, Ports for the Rest

mukeliller

beep beep
Dec 20, 2006
Article from 5/2/2007

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24695

If you read Kotaku then you already know, but how cool would this be?

Some new analyst is backing up the guy who said the Wii will NOT be bad for 3rd-party developers. He thinks so because the Wii is getting the attention of devs much better than GameCube or N64 did.

Think of it this way: devs pay more attention to Wii, focus their originial content into games for the popular new platform and BAM:arf: other platforms now get the ports of games designed with the Wii in mind.. Oh wouldnt that be nice.

Think it could happen if the current trend maintains?

Hmmm... that is interesting. Making games for the wii and porting them to the 360 and PS3. I doubt it will happen. Simply because the wii has motion sensing controls and 360 and PS3 dont (I guess you could consider sixaxis motion sensing...hardly). In the end, its 2-1, so producers will continue making games with button mashing in mind.

Thats a nice thought. But it is more likey to be the other way around with PS3 and 360 titles being ported to the Wii. Don't get me wrong, the Wii will have great original titles but the likelyhood of ports is greater from the other consoles to the Wii than the other way around.

Back