Peter Moore presents 30-Day Challenge to Obama

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Finally stepping up to the plate in defense of video games is Electronic Arts exec Peter Moore -- and to Mr. President, Barack Obama himself, no less!

After recommending that kids should play out in the sunshine more rather than play videogames indoor, in his speech to the American Medical Association, Obama has now been challenged by Moore to get into a 30-Day Challenge.

Not just any challenge, of course. It's an EA challenge, predictably so. Taking to his official blog, Moore can be quoted as saying:

As a father of three and someone who spends many a morning or lunch hour out on a run and/or in the gym, I applaud the President urging Americans to get off the couch and get active. Of course, I can’t resist pointing out that while I’ve always wholeheartedly endorsed moderation in anything you do, including playing games, it may be time for the President and his family to put their Wii to good use and fire up the 30-Day Challenge with EA SPORTS Active. This is a “game” even the President may not want to “step away” from.

In fact, I know [Obama is] in pretty good shape, but I guarantee the President wouldn’t look quite so smooth walking across the White House lawn to Marine One the morning after his first session with EA SPORTS Active (especially if he does those pesky lunges)! ...

Mr. President, here is my challenge to you: Try EA SPORTS Active and I guarantee you’ll need aides saying “Yes You Can!” to finish your first workout.

As I said in my quicknote in this week's 77th issue of the QuickJump QuickPeek, with the advent of motion controls for our consoles, being couch potatoes are soon to be a thing of the lazy past. So you want your kids to be more active? Now they're gonna go flailing about in your living room playing them motion control video games.

I say be ready to get a bigger living room, moms and dads. See, be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Peter-Moore-presents-30-Day-Challenge-to-Obama/pg/49/aid/132376

Finally Obama will try out EA Sports active and do the 30 day challenge. I wonder how he'll like it, my kindergarden friend Alan played some and he was surely felt the burn.

To figure when the worlds going to ****....Obama is playing his wii. Wow.

the surgeon general should have been the one to comment on kids going outside to play. the prez's time is more precious than to comment a single breath on this topic.

Back