Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Madden 08 online

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by IcedEarth81, Aug 15, 2007.

1. IcedEarth81

IcedEarth81 WiiChat Member

There have been some problems reported today with this. I bought the game this morning, started playing offline at lunch, and got online to create my profile and look for a game around 4 pm. I created a profile but could not connect to a game. I tried a few times and made sure that my connection and my opponent's connection were both good, but to no avail. I tried to log on around 6 or 7 to view the ticker on the main menu and it wouldn't connect to EA's system, so I figured EA was running maintenance.

Well, I got on around 10:30, connected to EA's system and surprisingly got a connection for a game going. The game played very well. I was worried after hearing the reports of major lag and stuff but I really didn't have any issues. There were only a couple instances of lag and those weren't during an actual play. The only motion that wasn't really responsive was the kicking motion - for some reason it usually takes you two tries to get one off. Once it picks it up it gives you the proper power though. It was a lot of fun, I definantly see the reason people love online so much. It was great playing against an unpredictable human player, and luckily I got one who was still getting used to the game much like myself. Oh yeah, about the connection, it didn't take but just a few seconds to select teams and load up. I was actually pretty impressed by that as I figured it would take longer.

Hopefully the major online issues were first day problems with EA's servers that they have now fixed. Online was a big selling point with this game and it would be disappointing to see it be a big problem. Hopefully it turns out well because I'm highly anticipating the WiiChat Madden League.

2. thatstobadd56

thatstobadd56 Player Hater

Wii Friend Code: 0415-6074-8999-8552
    0415-6074-8999-8552
    im rite there with ya mon