Who is going to get Madden 2008?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I am! I cant wait. I loved Madden 07. Now Madden 08 has new modes including online and better controls. New moves and extras. No friend codes, a EA messenger system when you play online, a sports ticker when online. I cant wait. Looks awsome.. Who else is going to get Madden 2008?

Yeah, it does look good. But I'm gonna wait on this one, may have to pass. Madden 07' is gonna do it for me this year. Sports games gotta last atleast two years, and this initial online thing just doesn't justify the expense this time. Not to knock it though, this should be a really good game.

I wont get it although i love madden, just decided not to.. But whats better about controls?

I will get it. I was going to get Madden 07 as I saw for only $30. BUt then when I read the reviews of 08 and that it was going to be online play capable that sealed it for me to wait and buy 08. Should be fun.

Ronald said:
I wont get it although i love madden, just decided not to.. But whats better about controls?

by reading articles on ign and today i read this.. it was a answer on ign from somone asking about Madden 2008

I really wish I could tell you if Madden 08 is better than the 360 version, but we're in LA, and haven't had a chance to play the 360 version yet… just Wii.

What I can tell you though is that in my opinion Madden 07 was better on Wii than any other system, and it plays just as solid as it did last year, just with more additions to it. 08 includes Franchise Mode and all mini-camp aspects, so if you're huge on that you've got nothing to worry about, although you won't find gang tackles in this year's Wii effort. The control rocks though, and they keep adding new additions to the motion; using the Wii-mote to shove through D-line blockers and sacking quarterbacks with Big Hit 2.0 definitely comes to mind… Screw mailbag, I'm going to go play it right now.

http://wii.ign.com/mail/

Oh, and the lack of achievement points is certainly a downer. I feel your pain.

--Bozon

by the way he talks about it. He loves it as much as 07. Also he said the controls are updates and new things have been added. Ign gave 07 i think a 8.5.. I think 08 will be higher, i cant wait for it.

That answered the question of Is there new controls but it didn't answer my question... "What are the new controls?"

shove linebackers and sack QB for starters.... havent been able to find out yet. But im sure the IGn review will mention some. Im guessing either tomorrow or Monday they will have it out.. I will post the review when its out.

Got it pre-reserved, picking it up the day it comes out. Did the same thing with SMSC. As long as I've been playing online football games (including Madden), plus with real Football starting up, I can't wait. August 14th, Tuesday :cool: - I'll practice and get something put together in about a day or so, and then I'll hop online. I didn't get good at SMSC until I was 51W-41L online.. really screwed my record up until I got as good as I am now.

i reserved it too! I will call sometime Tuesday and if they have it, i will go pick it up, then probably go right online to test it out!

Should be very pick up and play if you have been playing 07'. Do let us know how the online plays if you will, a good review would be nice.

you got it!

The online is going to use EA messenger not not friend codes. Thats one reason to get it. With the new keyboard upgrade, talking to opponents will be enabled. Thats better than strikers b/c you play a person and never see them again.

I had 07 but sold it to buy this one. I will prob practice a few hours with the controls before I get online. But practicing against real opponents is the only way to get better. Its much more unpredictable than playing the AI. You never know what style a person plays and you have to adjust to beat them.

I think its gonna be a great game. If I had 07, I would sell and get 08.

i could sell 07 but there no point. if i sold it to gamestop i would get maybe $3? not really worth it.. I will keep 07 so i can still use tiki in that game lol

Back