Playstation Home Gets Pre-Launch Makeover

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
ps-home-lobby-old-490.jpg

Sony's Playstation Home virtual world has undergone a few cosmetic changes since we last took a look at it. At the IMAGINA 08 event in Monaco, a session led by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe introduced the changes, which were largely the result of user feedback culled from the beta version.

Rather than entering the world via an enclosed lobby, the Playstation Home experience will now begin in a large outdoor space. Entrances to areas like the Theatre and Bowling Alley have been redesigned to be more easily spotted, and the Theatre's screening rooms have been moved closer together, as testers were complaining about the long walks (lazy gamers).

The talk also revealed the inclusion of balconies in players' in-game apartments, and a choice of around eight different apartment styles at launch. Swanky premium apartments will also be made available, though of course not without a cost. Playstation Home is scheduled to launch on the PS3 in Spring 2008.

Pictures

Source

nothing too interesting here but its good to hear some new "official" home news.

cant wait till it's released.

I am sure that Home will be a great online experience, even if it is just an online meeting place. Thanks for the info.

Looks cool, but I probably won't be buying an apartment or new clothes, etc.

It think that's kind of stupid.

thats cool , as long as the basic **** is free ,i could care less about what my apartment looks like , unless i can make my apartment in home like the apartment that i live at that would be cool.

Back