Please help: Does the Wii (USA) work on Indian televisions?

eic

WiiChat Member
May 9, 2007
Hi all,

My first post here. I'm from India, currently in the US and I recently purchased a Wii for my brother back in India.

I'm wondering whether I did the right thing. I have a Videocon TV set in India and I'm not sure whether the Wii puechased here in US will work on the Indian TV set.

If not, is there anything special that I need for it to work back there?

Any info will be much appreciated.

Newer high-end PAL TV's do support multi-formats (NTSC/PAL), if you have one, then just connect to the VIDEO port on your TV set.

It's impossible to get consumer NTSC/PAL converters, as they are expensive, and only used by the TV broadcasters.

Hi All.

I have a very similar query what Mr eic has for all of us. I am from india and planning to have Wii from USA .. My question to all my worthy friends is : does Wii purchased from USA will play on my India Television ... i checked in on that specifications of my Telvision model ... i have SONY Television model KV-DA29M80/50 which has support for color system : AUTO , PAL , SECAM , NTSC3.58 , NTSC4.40. Please tell me / guide me about the same whether Wii and Wii games purchased from USA will be playable on this Television or not. Thanks in advance for your help ... Please let me know your answers / concerns / any workaround / as soon as possible ..

Looking forward to hear from my friends ...

Thanks
Rajeev

Wii USA working on Indian Television...

Thanks buddy ... it gives me such a relief.. hey if u have any other useful information related with Wii please share as i am very much new to all this and would appreciate to contribute more to this community and your efforts..

Thanks again..

Looking forward for more useful informations from your side and other side of the world...

Thanks

Take care
Bye
Rajeev

In order to plug the wii for the power supply, is just an adapter plug enough or do we need a transformer plug to convert the indian 240v down to the usa 110v power req.

Unlike laptops and shavers which do not need a power transformer (just an adapter for the plug to fit into the round indian sockets), does anyone know if a transformer plug is required?

Back