Pokemon Online For The Wii

esabourin

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2006
I've been a pokemon fan for a long time, but lately the games have been lacking,

red/blue/yellow - AMAZING!!! one of my fav games
gold/silver/crystal - Awesome sequels, and cool new pokemon!
sahpire/ruby - Whoa,, these new pokemon suck, and this sequal sucks, nothing much has changed
leafgreen/firered - Sweet, remake of the classic games we all oved,
emerald - not another pokemon crap game,
peal/diamond - WHAT?!? even more pokemon, i can't even keep track, nothing much new except the DS

Pokemon needs a new type of game and i'm thinking a pokemon World Of Warcraft style for the Wii, Online, all the time, kinda like WoW, where you carry around 6 pokemon, and they gain levels, and there's gym leaders yada yada, just completely online, and when you walk around, there are other real trainers that u can battle online against people, you could buy a house and choose which town you wanna live in (Pallet Town, Viridian, Vermillion, Celedon, Fushia etc..) and u can actually see the pokemon in the wild, like in World Of Warcraft, i think this would bea breakthough for nintendo and pokemon, and it'd be highly addictive (like WoW) i'd definlty buy this game and i think it'd be a smart move my nintendo,,

discuss....

Sure its a good idea..

but I'm sure that a number of people wouldn't buy it just because it's "pokemon"

and then theres another thing of having to pay to play... ugh...

Hellview said:
Sure its a good idea..

but I'm sure that a number of people wouldn't buy it just because it's "pokemon"

and then theres another thing of having to pay to play... ugh...
I'd play it, and if it was pay to play they could do it by charging wii points.

There will probably never be a pokemon MMORPG.

Nintendo has no ties to any computer game developers, and with the exception gale of darkness, Gamefreak has the developing rights for the Pokemon franchise. An MMORPG will not be successful unless it is on PC at least with it also being on a console. But being on a console brings other problems, such as how MMORPGs are all menu driven, meaning it is pretty much all moving the character then clicking to do everything.

Plus MMORPG's typically require you to have certain files stored locally.

Dev/Null said:
I'd play it, and if it was pay to play they could do it by charging wii points.

Except about 90% of pokemon's target audience is pretty young.

vagrant said:
Why did you have to necropost in this one. This thread was about some kids wanting there to be a Pokemon MMORPG. Not wondering what the gameplay of Revolution was like.
Too many pokemon threads, but you don't have to bite my head off :ciappa:

I like the way you think. Thats a hell of a good idea...... man Nintendo needs to hire you mann. Cause I like your idea for real. because then pokemon would be like Final Fantasy 11... So i agree with you. the only thing to is, make it look more real, and able to interact with your environment and stuff like that.

that video for online play looks pretty cool, but i dobut they'd make the pokemon mmo because it would require pay most likely, and they dont want to consume kids lives they already do it enough as it is

Back