Poor show (again) Nintendo

Samster

Slave to the Wind
Nov 6, 2006
London, England
Virtual Console is now live on PAL systems and it's not good news.

Pro-G have tested Sonic the Hedgehog and are not at all pleased with what they've seen. It runs noticeably slower than the NTSC version with large borders at the top and bottom of the screen.

"This is certainly a kick in the teeth for PAL gamers, who have only recently crawled out from under the heavy 50Hz rock that has plagued games for years. Now PAL gamers are used to proper PAL conversions and 60Hz gameplay options, and being forced to return to the 50Hz dark ages isn't something Wii owners expected.

All our efforts to force the game to run in 60Hz and borderless proved futile, with the game forcing the slow speed and boarders despite the 60Hz option being set in the Wii's video settings menu"

This is shite Nintendo. First you don't give us even half the functionality that you originally promised from day 1, now one of the only elements of the Wii's connectivity that is available and useable from the outset is plagued like this.............. piss poor IMHO.........I must play poorer versions of VC games because I live in the UK!

Nintendo has stated that games will be exact ports down to the save options and menus which sonic lacks but nintendo later stated there will be updates to improve on menus and fix bugs and add more contact such as online play and extra levels previosely unreleased to the public.

In the UK they will adopt NTSC I think. So it should run smooth for us UK people. As for the updates they'll keep on coming this problem will be sorted soon enough

Havnt tried the VC yet, but heres a comment I found in the article that I thought was amusing:

"xboxlivelol and like i said to all of you the xbox360 the best lol :)
06-12-2006, 01:46
xboxliveand why are the games going down not up ? 60hz down to 50hz
06-12-2006, 01:48"

Apparently Xbox360 is better because the VC games are running a little slow.

Back