Price Drops In Near Future?

Timbits93

WiiChat Member
Feb 28, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Hey, im new to Wiichat.com so hi everyone.

Just wondering since i'm thinking of getting a Wii, will there be any Price drops within the near future?

Because its in the middle of its product cycle and well i guess prices should be going slightly down though due to demand prices might stay the same.

Just wanted an outlook of future pricing for the Wii. If Prices arent going down any time soon, i'll probably just pick one up while i can :D

Thanks,
Tim

i would be astonished if there was any price change between now and christmas. demand is still high regardless of the system being a few years old.

I'd say just pick it up. You can't go wrong with the price and like Rukus said their is too much of a demand for them to drop the price.

PS3 is rumored to price drop soon, the 360 to follow. . . but everything I've read about that says Wii will not drop.

I dont think the wii will have a price drop for a while. Just as the other say demand is high and they keep on getting sold out...well at least here in NJ

Hey, im new to Wiichat.com so hi everyone.

Just wondering since i'm thinking of getting a Wii, will there be any Price drops within the near future?

Because its in the middle of its product cycle and well i guess prices should be going slightly down though due to demand prices might stay the same.

Just wanted an outlook of future pricing for the Wii. If Prices arent going down any time soon, i'll probably just pick one up while i can :D

Thanks,
Tim

Not in the near future but most likely in 2011 when the wii hd comes out to america

If only i could of found a place that sold it for $269.99 instead of the current price of $279.99 [they sold it for that price prior to christmas] oh well. Will probably pick one up on the weekend though =P

Well im not really betting a 2011 date for the "Wii HD". More like end of 2011 till 2012.

Also always instock now adays anyways [Wal-Mart, Futureshop/Best Buy, Superstore] as i always see them on shelves =P

At least it wasn't like Christmas when everyone wanted to buy one and there were NONE in stock.

Last edited:
If only i could of found a place that sold it for $269.99 instead of the current price of $279.99 [they sold it for that price prior to christmas] oh well. Will probably pick one up on the weekend though =P
Are you in the US? I thought retail price was $250. IMO you should not pay more unless you really want one and can't wait. (that's what I paid for ours late last year at Wal-Mart. I saw that the local Gamestop had them in stock too)

As long as Nintendo is selling all that they can make, there is no motivation for them to reduce prices. As soon as they start stacking up, that's something they will start to think about. If PS3 and Xbox price drops are expected, I would expect Nintendo to see if that happens and perhaps respond with their own price drop (if sales start to sag.) At the present price structure, I suspect that PS3 and Xbox would benefit more from a reduction which is why I think Nintendo will respond rather than initiate.

I'm in Canada BTW

On a related topic,

The only thing thats in my mind about the Wii is, what are good games that i can have fun with single AND multiplayer on the Wii?

360 and PS3 are out of the question since my PC takes that place and i just want something different for once =)

Last edited:
Doubt there'll be any price drops in the near future, demand is still very, very high.
As for great multi and single-player games, you can't go wrong with Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I was surprised that it hasn't gone down yet, even by $50 or so. But demand still has been high, and even though it appears to be slowing I think it will continue with the titles being released this year.

Maybe next year we will see a solid price drop?

Doubt there'll be any price drops in the near future, demand is still very, very high.
As for great multi and single-player games, you can't go wrong with Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

WRT demand - I believe that supply has finally caught up. Newegg has now unbundled the console and they are in stock at local (Chicago 'burbs) Gamestops and available online from Toys-R-Us. OTOH, Wal-Mart lists no online stock and has not put them back in stores. I just checked ebay and there is a Wii/Wii Fit bundle bid up to a couple dollars over retail. It will be interesting to see where it finishes. ...wait for it, wait for it... :D Bidding finished at $351 - $12 over retail. That tells me that the supply of Wii consoles (and Wii Fit) is otherwise meeting demand.

As far as games, you'll need an extra controller anyway so be sure to get the Wii Play game bundled with an extra controller. The games are pretty simple but when friends come over and you just want to have a laugh, they return a lot of laughs for a little investment in time and skill. (Cow racing! :smilewinkgrin: )

I'll probably pickup a Wii and Wii Play for the time being on the weekend.

Need time to think of a game to get.

Back