Question about playing GameCube games.

Wee300

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2008
I am planning on buying a GameCube game, the controller, and quite possibly the gamecube memory card if it is true that you can't save with the Wii's memory. I need some tips.

A) If I buy the GameCube game Super Smash Bro's Melee, where do I insert it? Where do I connect the controller? And where does the memory card go?

B) Once I have inserted all of that (completed step A) will I be able to play SSBM?

Just on a side note, I am looking for a tutorial, pictures, somewhere where I can get information from. I really would like to play Melee, while waiting for Brawl to come out. Thanks very much.

-Wee300

Alright, I'll just bite my lip and answer this one...because I am extremely tired and I don't feel like referring people to instruction manuals.

Ok, yes. You can buy SSBM. It goes into the same disc slot that the wii games go into.

The controllers plug in on the top of the wii console...the long flap.

You will need a memory card, which plugs into the ports located under the next flap by the gamecube controller port. the short flap.

i think that covers it.

Okay, so on the top there are 4 little plug in holes. Each of them are for GameCube controllers? Also, the memory card goes into the GameCube controller? If so, I'm all fine. Thanks for your help.

Wii_in_GameCube_modus.JPG

this should help alot

see, you take off the lid and the side or top how ever you place your wii,and you should uncover the controller slots and memory card slots.

as for the game, it is insserted the same way a wii disk is.

Thanks a bunch. That really helped me (the picture and you guys telling me). But most of all the picture, because I didn't realize there was a second flap I could lift to put the memory card in. Thank you.

I have almost 50 GC games and play them all on the Wii as I've never owned a GC. If you haven't bought a GC controller yet, one suggestion I have is to buy a Wavebird, the wireless GC controller. The Wavebird should come with an RF receiver which plugs into the controller slot just the same as a regular controller's plug. I'm not sure that brand new Wavebirds are made anymore, but you can get one from ebay and a few of those may even be brand new still. Just make sure that the one you buy comes with the receiver! A used one would probably cost $20-35 and I think it's well worth it...the range on the Wavebirds is really good, and they don't drain batteries anywhere near as fast as the Wiimotes. They do not have rumble capability but that's about the only downside I can think of.

Don't settle for a third party wireless controller. I tried using one of those Gameshark Microcon wireless controllers, and the joystick was horrible compared to a real Wavebird...it wasn't good at picking up very fine movements, which made it frustrating to play games where that was needed, like FPS's.

Back