R4DS questions

Its very good for the price, I own one and its a great purchase. You can play .nds files. Movies mp3's, homebrew and much more.

I own a M3DS, which is exactly the same really, but i would say it is definately worth getting one. You are able to play games, movies (havent tried yet) and music on it, which is great considering a normal game would set you back around $70.

If all you wanted to know what it could do then thats about it, but for the price, its very easy to use and its worth every cent if you ask me

So AZ_WiiTard knows not every question can be answer by Nintendo.com. :lol:

There is a new competitor of R4. Cyclo just release their CycloEvolution for DS last month. With the firmware 1.13, it seems it is more compatible with download games. It does not change the front page of DS as with R4, but otherwise, it works pretty much the same way.

Yes but the R4 is more stable there has been many reports of the cyclo freezing up alot more than the r4.

Im getting either an r4 or cyclo in 2 weeks. Could someone really knowledged about this please make a pros and cons list of r4 and cyclods and like rate them both? Or if someone owns any, could they rate it? Thanx.

I own a M3DS which is practically the same as the R4DS only a different name, apparently they are made in the same company but anyway, you asked for pros and cons about the R4DS and the Cyclo, The R4;

Pros
+ 100% ROM compatibility (from current tests)
+ No slow-downs or glitches in game (from current tests)
+ Completely drag 'n' drop, no software needed
+ Supports clean ROMs
+ Expandable micro SD memory solution
+ Supports FAT and FAT32
+ Great build quality
+ Fits flush in your DS
+ Nice freebies in the package
+ Fairly cheap!

Cons
- Basic, dated GUI
- Lacking extra features
- English firmware updates slower than Chinese
- Low homebrew compatibility
- Lacking download play support

The Cyclo;
PROS:

Can use SDHC CARDS
100% Download Play Support
Action Replay Cheats
No system files on TF card
Fully PLug and play
100% Game Support
No in game slowdowns
Very User Friendly
Works as PassMe
Comes in a Metal Tin
Comes w/ TF Adapter
Can Use R4DS/M3DSS save files without any need for conversion.

CONS:
Relies on Moonshell to Play Media
Not Always Recognized by NDS
TF Adapter is crappy
No Included Instructions
Moonshell is not included with it

I can honestly say that the M3 is absolutly awesome, if you buy the R4 you wont be dissapointed and for a score out of 10 i would have to give the M3 a 9.5/10, its got an expandable memory which some dont have, but i believe the cyclo does as well but my M3 hasnt yet not recognized a NDS file, although in the cons for the cyclo it says that Not Always Recognized by NDS

So if i had a choice and was going to buy another one, out of these two i would have to go with the R4, also all the pros and cons i didnt right up, i found them on the net and not going to take any credit saying that i wrote this whole reply myself

Back