Real or Fake? Wii Emulator

Thats fake, I have a tv with PIP that works as a monitor. So I can be on the computer, then push a button and have a tv screen in the corner. That's what hes doing.

Sometimes when I'm browsing the web I'll play Halo on the same tv haha.

yea it's fake

13% of the world is left handed and he just happens to be one?

Nah, just looks like a simple video input feed - heck, I could set that up in about 5 minutes (I have an ancient Osprey capture card in my machine). I love how in his feedback he tries to almost be insulting by claiming the machine it's running on has some feeble specs [1.2GHz, 512MB]).

He would've had manage to code an emulator (from the content on his MySpace page, he doesn't appear to be a rocket scientist) that dealt with translating X86 instruction set vs. PPC and all the custom hardware, DSP, GPU, etc. ( I note he said his machine had an ATI, like that's any credibility)

He would *still* have to build a custom hardware interface to handle the sensor bar, develop a virtualized drive/loader for discs (even if this was "soft"), etc.

+1 for the Kook vote.

There are these things called TV Tuner cards for computers. They have Component in jacks. You can plug a console in and play it in a window on the monitor. I used to do this with an ATI All-In-Wonder.

I used to have some Ocarina of Time Gameplay that I video captured this way.

Anyway, that's very obviously what he's doing here.

Put the IR bar under the monitor, Plug the Wii into the Tuner Card, Play Wii windowed in Windows. No Emulator involved.

And he borrowed a second Wii. Because holding up one Wii proves you don't have another on the floor plugged into the computer. Really.

Last edited:
Mitch2025 said:
he just has his wii connected to a capture card. its as simple as that. besides no emulator has ever been made to include a systems dashboard.
My thoughts exactly, I was scrolling this thread wondering if anyone would get to it. :)

[DT] said:
I love how in his feedback he tries to almost be insulting by claiming the machine it's running on has some feeble specs [1.2GHz, 512MB]).
That is funny. Hardware emulation via software is a real pain in the rear, while I've personally never attempted it, however most end results require the host hardware to be at least 3 times faster processing power for the emulation to even work. A good example would be the VC on the Wii, where the parts of Sonic that would even lag at times on the Genesis sometimes severely lag on the Wii. Why? It's emulated, and the conversion from one's hardware to another is time consuming thus can lag the emulated executing software. (I've NEVER seen an emulator of any sorts, including VMware, that didn't hiccup at least on parts of it's emulation process.)

[DT] said:
He would've had manage to code an emulator (from the content on his MySpace page, he doesn't appear to be a rocket scientist) that dealt with translating X86 instruction set vs. PPC and all the custom hardware, DSP, GPU, etc. ( I note he said his machine had an ATI, like that's any credibility)

He would *still* have to build a custom hardware interface to handle the sensor bar, develop a virtualized drive/loader for discs (even if this was "soft"), etc.
The sensor bar would have been the easy part, as all that is a bar with illuminated infrared lights, and the Wii Remote protocol is currently littering the internet. However the Broadway and Hollywood is NOT public knowledge. Emulation isn't a walk in the park already, let alone emulation something to whom who's instruction set is purely a guess.

A virtual drive loader would also be somewhat easy, as our DVD drives allow direct reading of it's sector data and all that is required then is a byte swap before passing it to the emulated Wii software. It goes back to that mysterious core hardware, with the most we know is that is of the PPC 750 family and that is about it really, which is not enough to do much of anything with. Until they can execute home brew in Wii mode (not GC compatibility mode) we probably will never know those details either - as they've yet to get past the disc encryption.

TiwazTyrsfist said:
There are these things called TV Tuner cards for computers. They have Component in jacks. You can plug a console in and play it in a window on the monitor. I used to do this with an ATI All-In-Wonder.

I used to have some Ocarina of Time Gameplay that I video captured this way.

Anyway, that's very obviously what he's doing here.

Put the IR bar under the monitor, Plug the Wii into the Tuner Card, Play Wii windowed in Windows. No Emulator involved.

And he borrowed a second Wii. Because holding up one Wii proves you don't have another on the floor plugged into the computer. Really.

I agree with Tiwaz he could be doing what he said using a TV Tuner Card and play his wii on his computer monitor, set the sensor bar below the TV and have fun.

OMG, that is faker than fake. They just hooked the Wii up to a TV card through a computer. Nice try.

Back