rechargable batteries

bladednuisance

WiiChat Member
Jun 16, 2007
I just got the nyko dual remote charger with 2 rechargable batteries... It wont work, they charge up, but do not supply any power to the remotes, what could the problem be?

Hmm pretty simple to find out what the problem is just takes alittle common sense. Take the two new batteries and check if they work on something eles if they do then its the wii mote, put 2 different batteries in the wii mote and if the wii mote works then its the batteries.

I am not familiar with those particular batteries, but you may want to check the contacts. Make sure that the metal of the battery is touching the terminals in the controller.

No Smoking said:
Hmm pretty simple to find out what the problem is just takes alittle common sense. Take the two new batteries and check if they work on something eles if they do then its the wii mote, put 2 different batteries in the wii mote and if the wii mote works then its the batteries.

common sense tells me that the batteries specially designed for the wii do not fit in any other devices, so this test wont work!

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=102

You are talking about these right? I have bought one for myself, and have had no issues as far as usage goes. It should be as simple as putting them in your wiimote, placing the specially designed backplates for them, and setting them on the charger; making sure to have the backs touch the charging contacts till the charging units lcd color changes to a blue/green.

Do the remotes even display a flashing lcd near the bottom? Even once?

I never like the idea of WiiMote charger. I just go with NiHM AA batteries. I particularly hate their proprietary design of battery pack and contact point position for charging.

charge batteries > place batteries in Wiimote > Turn on Wiimote > Play Games

If nothing else works throw Wiimote and batteries at TV and file a lawsuit at Nyko and Nintendo for you not reading the directions and operating manual.

billcsho said:
I never like the idea of WiiMote charger. I just go with NiHM AA batteries. I particularly hate their proprietary design of battery pack and contact point position for charging.

It's honestly not a hard thing to grasp.. The utility of having the charger is just buy it, and never worry about your wiimote dying in the heat of the game.

SadistBlue said:
It's honestly not a hard thing to grasp.. The utility of having the charger is just buy it, and never worry about your wiimote dying in the heat of the game.
I don't think the benefits of a charge station outweigh the cost over a higher capacity set of batteries.
I also argue that your batteries should never die in the middle of a game considering the Wii has TWO ways to tell you the battery level (on screen and the LEDs)

With a good charger you could have a slew of batteries charged and ready. If your chargestation batteries did happen to die you would be stuck swapping it out for regular batteries.

ciper said:
I don't think the benefits of a charge station outweigh the cost over a higher capacity set of batteries.
I also argue that your batteries should never die in the middle of a game considering the Wii has TWO ways to tell you the battery level (on screen and the LEDs)

With a good charger you could have a slew of batteries charged and ready. If your chargestation batteries did happen to die you would be stuck swapping it out for regular batteries.

The idea is worry free of never having to check if it's almost empty, and absolutely worst case your wiimote does run out of juice, just hot swap the other one in the charger.

Back