Red Steel 2 Demo

Im even more hyped for this now than i was prior. kind of seems like to me devil may cry in first person.

I never did play the first one and I am glad I didn't after seeing the demo, nothing to compare it too. This looks like a great game and from what I could tell the 1 to 1, is spot on. Only thing I wish it had more of was blood, but hey not everything needs to be a gorefest....

This is looking effing sweet (and I hated the first game).

-60fps locked
-bundled with the M+ device
-Conduit style customization
-Tight/Smooth Metroid Prime style controls

Im even more hyped for this now than i was prior. kind of seems like to me devil may cry in first person.

DUDE!!! I was thinking the exact same thing when I first saw the demo!!!! When I first gazed at this beautiful game my jaw dropped!!! I had the biggest nerd-gasm ever!! I hate how on G4's coverage they were all Raving over Assassin's Creed 2 even though they just basically made a 4 minute CGI movie and didn't show any real gameplay. And the little snippits of gameplay we saw looked exactly like the first Assassin's Creed (I could have sworn he jumped from that same ledge into that same bunch of hay). I played the original Assassin's Creed and it was really one of the most boring games I have ever played in my life.

G4 officially lost all of my respect at that moment, they glorified a 4 minute CGI movie over a real live breathtaking demo. Seriously!!!? They said AC2 was "what we all had been waiting for." Really!? I was most excited to see Splinter Cell Conviction and Red Steel 2 than Assassin's Creed.

They did a good job on the visuals. They make High Voltage Software's boasting look like a joke.

They did a good job on the visuals. They make High Voltage Software's boasting look like a joke.

Well I wouldn't go that far, the Quantum3 engine is still highly impressive. Red Steel 2 is much more artisitically advanced though, and therefore pops off the screen a lot better than many of the drab and uninspired artwork found in The Conduit (mostly talking about the environments, aliens look nice). It is definitely another step forward, both Red Steel 2 and Rabbids Go Home look very good. At first I was afraid that High Voltage Software was the only company that was gonna challenge the Wii visually.

I just read on Wikipedia that they're aiming for a T rating, which explains the lack of gore. They could've made slashing enemies in specific spots sever various limbs, but it looks like the implementation of 1:1 swordplay is completely redundant. Pretty disappointing.

Back