Reggie: No New Console Successor Anytime Soon

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
There won't be wii HD, Wii upgrade of any kind shot down be Reggie himself according to wii.nintendolife.

Wii will prevail

Be it an upgrade to the existing hardware or a brand new console, there have been many rumours and forum chit-chat over the last year concerning Nintendo’s plan to release a successor to the Wii.

However, Reggie Fils-Aime has confirmed the continued support to current hardware in an interview with Bloomberg Business Week.

Reggie has gone on record to say that no announcement will be made regarding any new hardware at the upcoming Games Developers Conference and that the Wii has a very long life in front of it.
Many analysts believe that rival companies plans to step into the motion control market with higher specification consoles and a slowdown in sales of the Wii will drive Nintendo to release a new console.

But with new games based on fan-favourite characters due out this year in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M, Nintendo is confident that any downturn in hardware sales will be reversed and the Wii will continue to be a console that dominates the living room and sales.

heres the link businessweek.com

I think Nintendo is slowly killing themselves, that's just me. Like how Sega did, but sorta opposite.

I think Nintendo should really start getting their effin act together quick.

All the Wii had on the competition was motion control. When the PS3 and 360s motion control is out consumers will have little to no reason to buy Nintendo. All the crappy party games will go to the PS360 games. Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda can only keep them afloat for so long until Nintendo becomes software only and we see the new Star Fox and Kirby games on the PS4 and whatever Microsoft comes out with and playing Pokemon White version on the PSP2. Sounds impossible? Look at Sega. Go back in the 90s and tell a gamer Sega's goin to go software only and Sonics going to have games on a Nintendo console. They'd laugh their ass off. But it happened nonetheless. You know why? Mistakes. Sega made big mistakes with not knowing when you should just keep things the way they are. Nintendo is making equally as big mistakes but in the opposite direction. They don't know when it's a time for change. They will pay for it. It's too late now. Just how bad they'll pay depends on what they do now.

reggie is liar he always says the oppisite of whatever rumors are & the rumors are right

i'm starting to think it might be a marketing thing, Nintendo might work on secret project that there not telling us about.

and since when has reggie known anything? he's a dumb poster boy, that's it. anytime he's said no or yes to something, the opposite happens. nintendo just needs to put a muzzle on him cause he's just throwing what little reputation they have down the toilet everytime he opens his mouth

Except for EarthBound. He was right about that.

All the Wii had on the competition was motion control. When the PS3 and 360s motion control is out consumers will have little to no reason to buy Nintendo. All the crappy party games will go to the PS360 games. Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda can only keep them afloat for so long until Nintendo becomes software only and we see the new Star Fox and Kirby games on the PS4 and whatever Microsoft comes out with and playing Pokemon White version on the PSP2. Sounds impossible? Look at Sega. Go back in the 90s and tell a gamer Sega's goin to go software only and Sonics going to have games on a Nintendo console. They'd laugh their ass off. But it happened nonetheless. You know why? Mistakes. Sega made big mistakes with not knowing when you should just keep things the way they are. Nintendo is making equally as big mistakes but in the opposite direction. They don't know when it's a time for change. They will pay for it. It's too late now. Just how bad they'll pay depends on what they do now.

I'm not too sure that Sony's and Microsoft's motion control is going to match the Wii's right off the bat, be it quality (Motion Plus) or software, thus, I don't think Nintendo's going to be losing profit any time soon.

But I do agree the Wii is getting older, when you're comparing it to what Sony/Microsoft have in the works. I'm sure their sales would somehow manage to get even higher if they came out with a Wii HD (... they always have).

But then again, there's the issue of "be careful what you wish for", you could say. Look as the DSi and DSXL. They had very little time before eachother's release when comparing to other consoles from the same company, handheld or otherwise.

The DSXL, from what I've seen so far, is only bigger than the first model. If persay, the fabled "Wii HD" has an upgraded System Menu and epic graphics but little else to offer, would you be selling your Wii and some games/shelling out some cash for such a mediocre improvement? I certainly wouldn't... Even though the Nintendo fanboys would do so at a heartbeat. For god's sake, Nintendo makes a profit out of anything. -.-

Except for EarthBound. He was right about that.

[/depressed]

im hoping for a graphics add on at e3 ...that would be cool and make the console last another 5 years.

Back