Router Help

xpirate77

Wiiiiii
Oct 15, 2006
ok so, ive just ordered a Linksys G-Router (WRT54G)

im going to set it up so a ethernet cable goes from my modem to the router, and a cable from the router to my computer(i dont want to buy a pc wireless card, cuz i shouldnt have to) now...if i just set that much up..and obviously install it on my computer with the included disc.. do i just go to my trusty ol wii and go the the connection thingy, and go to search for a connection..and it will just find it?..basically im saying, do you press the search for a connection button, and select the connection..and thats it? or is there more set up..pleasee help me out here..it would be much appreciated

If you choose not to set up a WEP key then all you have to do is search connection from the Wii. It will detect your router and then you have to select that connection. If you have set up a security key (WEP) then you will have to put that key in when the Wii asks you to.

oh ok sweet, well ive never had a wireless router, so i dont (think) i have a WEP...so that means i just hook it into my computer, install it..and then bam search for connection and im good...once i get the connection is that when i get my friend code?..or does my wii already have one?

The installation was a bit too easy and I was skeptical myself, if you've named your Linksys (I just left mine with a default name), you should find the name of your router when it searches for it.

oh ok, thanksss

but can anyone answer my question about the friend code?..

like where do you find it..and how do you determine your username..or are these things that you do once you finally GET online

xpirate77 said:
oh ok, thanksss

but can anyone answer my question about the friend code?..

like where do you find it..and how do you determine your username..or are these things that you do once you finally GET online

Go to your wii, click on the envelope in the bottom right, go to address book, it will display your friend code.

Back