Scripts in use on this site

augur

Hacker
Oct 13, 2010
Auckland, New Zealand
Wii Online Code
5705-5846-5851-6510
Hi there,

I was just wondering about some of the scripts that you use on this site. NoScript detects some scripts, but WOT does not have any information about them, so I was just wondering what they are for. The ones I am querying are:

I don't generally allow scripts to run unless I know what they are for. I have requested a community comment for each of these scripts in WOT.

I found this quote elsewhere on the forums...
Admin = Worker from Forum Foundry. Not sure what happened to i0n though.
I'm just wondering what is this Forum Foundry? There are still two scripts on the WiiChat site that I'm blocking without really knowing what they are, and one of them is from forumfoundry.com and I'm not sure if it is a stats module, advertising, or whatever. I see that the forums are based on vBulletin. Is ForumFoundry a hosting company? If so, why are they serving up their own scripts on a hosted site? Comments anyone?

Forum Foundry = Server the sites hosted on/Site hosts
vBulletin = The forums code if you will.
i0n = The person that made the site all those years ago. No longer in charge

Forum Foundry = Server the sites hosted on/Site hosts
Thanks for the explanation DPrinny. I've used vBulletin before, so I got that part. What I don't understand is why ForumFoundry, if it is just the hosting for WiiChat, is requesting to run a script whenever I view a page on the WiiChat site. Any idea what the script is for? It might be just a statistics gathering script, I don't know. I don't generally allow scripts unless I know what they are for, or unless Web Of Trust shows them as being safe.

Back