SD card storage question

Attila

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1578-8274-4141-6710
I haven't been able to find the answer to this..maybe one of you knows.

Say i've got an SD card. Just one. Say i've got some VC games saved on that SD card ( I think that's where they're saved..I don't have a Wii yet) but i'd like to put some music on there for excite truck.

Can you use your PC as storage for those VC games and put them back onto the SD card after you take the music off? It would be really nice not to have ten SD cards floating around. I realize I wouldn't be able to play the VC games on my PC, but possibly I could just store them there?

Or have I got it all wrong and the VC games are stored on the Wii itself?

As far as I know, they can be stored on either the Wii or an SD card. I also don't think you will have any trouble putting the VC titles on your computer, but you won't be able to play them on your computer or on another Wii, as they are locked to your specific Wii's console Number.

I do however see a problem in putting the music into Excite Truck, as I am told that you are not allowed to have custom tracks, though I may be completely wrong. Anyway, Hope that helps.

I have a european wii (v2.0E) and have downloaded VC games. When I copy them to the SD card and delete them from the Wii, they no longer show up in the channels menu. Am I missing something? If I copy them back to the wii memory they are in the channels list again

As far as i know there isnt a way to copy vc files from the internal memory to the sd card further more you can just delete them and redownload them later on free of charge

Thanks for the reply. I know I can redownload them. You can copy the games from the internal memory to SD once you have updated your console online. I just wish you could use the SD as active storage for VC games. I have a 2GB SD and a decent internet connection, but could do without re-downloading stuff to play. 512mb is not a lot of storage.

I know its not really an issue at the moment as there is not much on VC, but will be an issue in the future and wanted to check I didn't have an issue with my wii.

Back