SD mem card and saving games

CaptainPeeJ

Wii360 gamer
Feb 12, 2007
NH
Wii Online Code
4002-8012-1977-8042
I know you can save Wii game saves to the internal memory and I've been able to copy the game saves over to the SD. But can you choose to save to SD rather than internal memory? It seems like they allow you to copy and store game saves on the SD but not actively load and save to it as your playing the games. Is there any truth to this?

example... I just got Zelda and I'm going to save for the first time. When I save it I want to do it to my SD card and continue to save on that device as I'm playing. And obviously load from it as well. Can it be done?

I too, was wondering this. I have saved Madden and Zelda on the Wii HD, however, when I copy them over to a SD card and removed the original from the HD, the games don't load. I tried searching the forum, but haven't found a link about this either.

TSKY74 said:
I too, was wondering this. I have saved Madden and Zelda on the Wii HD, however, when I copy them over to a SD card and removed the original from the HD, the games don't load. I tried searching the forum, but haven't found a link about this either.

Um. . .the Wii doesn't have a HD; hopefully in the future they will have one though.

CaptainPeeJ said:
I know you can save Wii game saves to the internal memory and I've been able to copy the game saves over to the SD. But can you choose to save to SD rather than internal memory? It seems like they allow you to copy and store game saves on the SD but not actively load and save to it as your playing the games. Is there any truth to this?

example... I just got Zelda and I'm going to save for the first time. When I save it I want to do it to my SD card and continue to save on that device as I'm playing. And obviously load from it as well. Can it be done?

No, you can't save directly to a SD card. Hopefully they will do an system update to let you do this though; maybe even add a HD that you could save to would be even cooler.

Thanks csiguy. When I said "HD", I was talking about the 512 internal memory. I found a couple links about the SD cards and guess Zelda doesn't load from SD. Oh well.

It gets worse:( You can't save files on an SD card UNTIL you play the game itself on the wii first.:crazy:

Back