SD Memory Card?

ALo

Wii Owner
Dec 30, 2006
Oklahoma
This might be a newby question but what do you use this for or should i buy one or should i just not worry about it ?

don't worry about it; there is not really any need for it right now. Maybe next christmas might be a good time to start looking at one unless you plan on downloading every single VC title available. . .hopefully they will release an update to use an external HD which will be a better investment.

ALo said:
This might be a newby question but what do you use this for or should i buy one or should i just not worry about it ?
Some Games, like Excite Truck, let you put mp3s on an sd card so you can listen to your on music while playing.

o so you can download little games on them like super mario ?

ALo said:
o so you can download little games on them like super mario ?

You can dowload Virtual Console games to the Wii's internal memory, not to the SD card. You can move the game file to the SD, but then you can't play it on the Wii until you move it back to the internal memory or re-download it.

csiguy4u said:
You can dowload Virtual Console games to the Wii's internal memory, not to the SD card. You can move the game file to the SD, but then you can't play it on the Wii until you move it back to the internal memory or re-download it.

k thank you.

you can also use your sd card to back up your game files (just incase one gets accidentally deleted by, say a little kid that comes and plays your wii) you dont loose evrything that you've done so far

sd cards can also be used to bring in photos and videos onto the wii

ALo said:
also how do you connect your memory card to your computer ?

memory card? you mean SD card?...well some newer computers have a sd card slot on the front of them and some printers too. if u dont got that u could go out and get a sd card slot for less than $30

Back