sd snd sdhc cards

matheu00

Ma7hiu5-uk
Nov 30, 2010
UK
Wii Online Code
0534-9642-2858-7442
Hi, I'm a new Wii user and am of the understanding that sd and sdhc cards are used for saving game files, but with so many to choose from, which one is best.

Im thinking of getting a 4Gb SDHC class 4 memory card, and just want to know if its enough?

Many thanks

M@

gee the smallest card is enough for a few backup vc/wiiware games. at any rate do a search for wii compatable cards before buying.

i think it will be best to get a Wii card because if you get the wrong one you may not be able to save any data on it. I suggest you get a San-Disk for Wii SD card.

I have a 2GB. I also have 20 Virtual Console Games and can still hold more. However, WiiWare Games may require more memory than Virtual Console Games so a 4GB SDHC might be smarter.

Being new to the wii an educated guess at the virtual games and wii ware games is that ....

Virtual games are games that are on the hard drive of the wii (downloaded) ????
Wiiware games are shop bought games that you have the disc for ????

Am i close or way off ????

ok virtual console games are faithful reproductions of games that originally appeared on nes, super nintendo, sega genesis, n64, etc. wiiware games are new games, most of them on there never deserved a disc release so they're there as downloads. both are on the wiishop channel and download unto the wii using block space.

and unless you plan on buying a lot of them, there is really no need for an sd card. i've had a wii 3 and a half years, and just deleted useless channels to keep under the 2000 blocks.

Last edited:
but... it still a best idea to still get an SD card, it can help you load pictures from a computer to the wii. lolz XD

It might be overkill (and I'm sure it is), but I just bought a 32gb SanDisk Ultra SDHC card from NewEgg...works without a hitch. Yeah...that's probably A LOT more space than I'll EVER use for the Wii, but I can use it for other stuff too.

Airking1, Did you now you CAN put Videos on the Wii through an SD Card and play them back? Think of the amount of Clips you can load up on your 32GB SD Card.

Airking1, Did you now you CAN put Videos on the Wii through an SD Card and play them back? Think of the amount of Clips you can load up on your 32GB SD Card.

Suweeeet!!! What video format(s) does the Wii support/play, and how do you play them from the Wii console??

Last edited:
If you have a computer and you can download. Go to Cnet.com, go to Downloads, type in "Red Kawa" find the one that says Wii. Install it, then whatever video thats not copy protected can be converted through into a Motion Jpeg.

Once a video has been converted and placed into your memory card, put in your Wii. Go to Photo Channel and it will play it back. You can even do effects to the Video. A full Movie can take up to 2.5GBs depending on length, allowing about 12 Movies on your 32GB SD Card.

Personally, Because the quality isn't great, Music Videos or home movies would be more recommended.

Last edited:
Back