Service not provided

Heset

WiiChat Member
Jul 15, 2007
Hello everyone,

I connected my Wii to the internet with a wireless connection, but when I try to access shop channel/wiiconnect24 it says the service is not currently being offered.

i dont know what the problem is so any info would be nice.

Since you've just connected the Wii to the net for the first time have you updated it? If it's a "just out the factory no updates" wii then you'll need to go into the settings, (make sure the internet is set up properly) then click on System Update, that should solve the problem as it downloads the channels, you should end up at version 2.2 if I recall.

I already updated the wii. When I try to enter shop/channel, it tells me to go to agreement/contact. When I go there, it asks me if I want to use shopchannel/wiiconnect and I click yes. After that it says "connecting to the internet" for a few moments, and then the "Cant connect because shopchannel/wiiconnect24 isnt currently being offered." message appears.

Maybe its just not available in turkey.

OR

Your internet provider or whatever might be the problem. If u dont have secure access point it might not let u exchange information

i dont think my country would be in the list if it wasnt available in Turkey :p

aside from that when I run a connection test it says its successful so I dont think its my router either.

:S

Heset said:
i dont think my country would be in the list if it wasnt available in Turkey :p
Actually yes that is the reason its not working. If you wii serial number starts with LU then change your country to United States, reboot and try again. Why disagree with the guy if you havn't tried it?

Last edited:
In Italy

I have the same problem in Italy...

How I can buy old game ?!?!?

What I have to do for surfing with Wii ??

Back