Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii in Qatar

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by Prouders, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Prouders

Prouders WiiChat Member

Hi,

I was lucky enough to get a Nintendo Wii for Christmas from my wife.:smilewinkgrin:

I currently live in Qatar in the Middle East and have been trying to access the Wii Shopping Channel to get some classic virtual console games.

I am using a Wi-Fi connection and have followed the instructions that are on page 56 of the channels and settings manual.

It is finding the wireless access point, which is the same network that I use to connect to the internet with my PC. It then does a connection test, which says it succeeds in connecting.

It then offers to download the latest software. After a short wait it informs me that the latest software is already loaded.

When I go down and click on User Agreements (under Internet) it asks me if I want to use WiiConnect 24 and Wii Shop. I click on yes, it starts connecting then comes up with a message stating, "WiiConnect24 and Wii Shop Channel Services is not currently being offered".

I can't access the News or Weather channels either.

Am I doing something wrong or are the above services just not available in certain countries like Qatar?

Not sure whether it makes any difference but I have the American (NTSC Version)as opposed the the British PAL version.

If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

Thanks