"wii connect 24 is not currently being offered"

EkEMaN

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
I managed to get an internet connection unto my Wii though my router and updated the console (I have version 2.1 now) but when I tried to access the internet channels (weather channel, shop channel, news channel) it always either says that I haven't agreed to the terms & contract or that connect24 isn't turned on. I checked out the connect24 first since I had spotted it while working on the internet connection and it told me to go to the terms & contract section. So I looked for it and found it quite easily and tried to agree to it but the only thing that happened was that it tried to connect I think and then this message came up "wiiconnect24 and the shop channel is not currently being offered". Now can anyone tell me what is going on? Is connect 24 not available in some countries or something?

I live in Iceland in Europe and my console was bought in Italy (altough the Wii is also available in my country).

Well you are all saying what your problem is already..you bought your Wii in a very far place than that you are playing it now..so, the features of the shop channel are not available since your location doesn't have any Russian games(or UK) depending on the place you are living now,so if you want to connect to the shop channel you need to go back to Russia....or just update your Wii

like axtlar says..

although when did you try this?

i am in the UK, and last night i was setting up my wii online. connection test ran fine each time, then when trying to update it often froze and gave error codes.

tried a few times and then it updated, when i then went to go to the shop channel it told me about the agreement, so i went to load that.

when i went to load that it told me that i had to update again , and this time it froze for an hour (i left it while i was having dinner), set it to try again, and again, it stayed frozen for about an hour (played some 360 instead) both time the console completely froze, so i crossed my fingers and had to pull the plug.

loaded it up again, played some bowling then thought i would give it one more shot before i went to sleep, then it worked fine...

so back to my point, was it last night you tried this?

Axtlar said:
Well you are all saying what your problem is already..you bought your Wii in a very far place than that you are playing it now..so, the features of the shop channel are not available since your location doesn't have any Russian games(or UK) depending on the place you are living now,so if you want to connect to the shop channel you need to go back to Russia....or just update your Wii

I'm guessing that the two other bought and play on their Wii in the same country and I'm pretty sure that I'm still in the same region as my Wii was bought in.

I'm thinking about reformatting the hard drive... But I'll lose alot of saves.

yes don't do that...remember that there are millions of people connecting all the time to the shop channel, that is one of the reasons it's slow to connect and it fails most times..but keep trying until you get it just like Gary did, and I'm sure Nintendo will soon fix this problem so be patient

Axtlar said:
yes don't do that...remember that there are millions of people connecting all the time to the shop channel, that is one of the reasons it's slow to connect and it fails most times..but keep trying until you get it just like Gary did, and I'm sure Nintendo will soon fix this problem so be patient

Don't worry, I will first probably try exhanging everything connected to the Wii before doing that.

Also on a related note. Is anyone other than me finding it hard to trust what Nintendo tells you to do in case of an error?

GaryT85

I have been trying this for some weeks and regardless when I try evening or morning I get the same message. The machine was bought in the UK for use in the UK. I have updated the wii and now on ver 2.1e. I have tried changing to all frequencies 1-11 and no joy. The test connection works, I have updated the system even tough it took ages. I have a wireless B router. I might have to format the system and try again.

Thanks for all you help. All sorted now. For anyone with the same problem make sure you have set the country in wii settings to your country. Mine was set to albania and I don't think they have the service as yet. After the country is set you can accept the agreement and go to wii shop etc.

weemee said:
Thanks for all you help. All sorted now. For anyone with the same problem make sure you have set the country in wii settings to your country. Mine was set to albania and I don't think they have the service as yet. After the country is set you can accept the agreement and go to wii shop etc.

Thanks for that. Altough it was set to my home country I tried setting it to the UK and it worked!

So if anyone asks... I'm english.

Back