Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should I get it "Cleaned"?

Discussion in 'Smash Brothers' started by i eat nintendo wiis, Mar 13, 2008.

1. i eat nintendo wiis

i eat nintendo wiis WiiChat Member

Hi there.

I was nervous when I heard about the double layered disc problem for wiis, as my wii was made in 2006 and is one of the older ones. however, when i stuck it in my wii, it played perfectly! however, now that i play it, it still plays fine but I hear these really loud things coming from the disc drive-that don't sound normal. It's like the disc is struggling to be read. This may foreshadow future problems.
    I can live without my wii for a week. do you think it's worth getting the lens replaced?

2. macamam1

macamam1 WiiChat Member

Well, mine's really loud too... But I got mine in May '07. I think it's just a really big game to load that's all. I mean it takes 19 seconds to frontload. Just email Nintendo about it.

3. COLDshiver

COLDshiver Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 4532-8683-6668-7765
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    can you describe the noise? Is the loud noise the disc spinning really fast? If it is, you're worrying too much. It's not a problem. Everyone's is really loud.

Oh yea, and I have a launch date Wii and it's really loud. Same thing happens for some CD drives on your computer. Like when I burn CDs or DVDs, my dvd drive roars like a lion.

4. wii_fanatic

Wii Friend Code: 4296-8829-9917-7024
    4296-8829-9917-7024
    The noises are probably just the disc spinning. Smash is the first dual layered disc on the wii a dual layered disc is basicly just more memory then a regular disc. the wii just works hard to spin them but the sounds normal. mine gets so annoying when i'm playing. Don't bother sending in your wii

5. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Mines loud from time to time as well, I can only really notice it at night when everyone else in my house is sleeping. Don't worry about it too much.

6. mrpbjnance

mrpbjnance WiiChat Member

I got my smash brothers from GameFly, and I may not have waited long enough for it to load..but I think I waited more than 19secs...I never got a message it just sat there foreever...
    The repair form states you have to send in the game too but I can't do that because its no mine. So how can I get mine fixed?

7. Skippy

Skippy WiiChat Member

It doesn't have to "work harder" to spin the disc. What you are hearing is the noise the laser head makes when moving to different spots on the disc to read necessary data. It has nothing to do with dirt and it's not "struggling" to read the data. If the data it needs is in several different locations, it's going to do a lot of jumping around to get the data.

8. PolMex23

PolMex23 WiiChat Member

Its fine. Lol, for a couple seconds when i was playing adventure mode, i swear it froze on me, i sweeeaaar. But...it didn't =).

Its fine. Wi-Fi servers need to step up still, we need stronger connections o.0 :sick: