Side Scroller Beat em ups?

chza

WiiChat Member
Jul 15, 2009
I'm wondering if there are any side scroller beat em up games that are on the wii or xbox 360 that are any good?

Im talking about games like Castle Crashers, or Eduardo the Samurai toaster

Can anyone name a few?

Side scrolling beat-em-ups are all but forgotten on newer consoels (mainly due to people being mad of what they look like)
The only ones that spring to mind on current consoles are Madworld, Dead rising, the never ending Dynasty warriors seres and castle Crashers are the ones that spring to mind.
Heres a list of a lot of them but to be honest a lot of them arnt worth looking for

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll look into those titles.

Ive seen a few gameplay videos of the demon blade, and it does indeed look awesome. Looks like fun stuff.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please do share

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll look into those titles.

Ive seen a few gameplay videos of the demon blade, and it does indeed look awesome. Looks like fun stuff.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please do share
Download Streets of Rage 2
Or Streets of Rage remake if you have a PC and pad

Castle Crashers on the 360 is the only beat-em up that I could really think of. It's loads of fun, especially when you can gather friends to play locally or over the internet.

Yeah I own Castle Crashers on the 360, and ive gone through it twice now. My favorite arcade game up to date by a long shot.

I remember playing streets of rage when I was younger at a friends house, really fun, ill have to look into that

Some other ones that I have found for xbla:
Alien Hominid HD
The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
The behemoth game #3 (Doesnt have an offical title yet, but there are gameplay videos, and its set to release early 2010 or so. Same company that made castle crashers)
Eduardo the samurai toaster for wii is very fun as well

Apparently there seems to be none for Wii. Sengoku Katana 战国无双 刃, available only in Japanese, seems to be an attempt to mimic Dynasty Warriors but somehow they turned it into a rail fighter, where you swing the remote as a katana and hit onscreen enemies. It's quite amusing but a bit boring after a while.

Back