Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Out in December for the Wii

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Out in December for the Wii-1.052009-11-13 13:17:03WiiAfter all the talk that Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for the Wii would not see the light (or should that be foggy gloom?) of day until early 2010, IGN is reporting that Konami has brought glad tidings of great joy for survival-horror loving North American Wii owners everywhere by announcing that the Wii version of the game will be out on the 8th December 2009, in North America at least.

It’s still listed as having a February 2010 release date in PAL territories though. Boo. Unfortunately for PSP and PS2 owners, there’s no news yet as to when those versions will be released in any territory, although January 2010 is looking likely. So, North American Wii owners, count yourselves lucky, you will soon be enjoying a return to the original, now out-of-print Silent Hill game, only this time with better graphics, new story pathways and clues, an all-new soundtrack by series composer Akira Yamaoka and a completely re-designed control system where the player gets to wield the Wii Remote as a torch and cell phone/camera.

Apparently there’s no violence this time around though, with the emphasis being placed even more than usual on suspense, with a new Psyche Profile feature that measures your responses throughout the game and adapts to the way in which you play. In other words, Silent Hill is out to mess with your head, just like always… And for fans of that Pyramid Head moment in Silent Hill 2, yes, there will be more hiding/cowering in cupboards!

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is rated M for Mature by the ESRB.

This game looks pretty good. My son is playing the game since he is home for winter break. I probably play it when I done with Uncharted 2.

Back