Skate

lackluster dj

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2007
Saytown, TX
Anyone else been playin this demo as much as I have??

What a game. Totally improves what the tony hawk series started. Such an intuitive control scheme. And it's from EA too, which has really caught me off guard.

Really looking forward to this one this week.

Though it was kinda weird that the release date is September 13, instead of September 11th....

Anyone have any tips on kickflipping into and out of manuals? that has totally been driving me nuts. gotta love the challenge aspect involved though, as it's so much more realistic. i've skated for many years, and its nice to have to do more than press a button or two to pull of a crazy combo (flip trick - to grind - to flip trick - to grind....) makes the most simple of things so much more satisfying.

really excited about this one. makes me hopeful that someone will eventually do something this intuitively refreshing with the wii controller.

yeah, apparently i'm the only one that does like it :lol:

well, me and ign.com (who gave it a 9/10).

i just think it breathes new life into a genre that has gone completely stale. i mean, besides nail-a-trick mode in tony hawk, they really haven't changed much else, i guess because they haven't really had to. they built a solid franchise that no one really cared to challenge.

just curious, what about it didn't appeal to you? the whole flick-a-stick thing?

i hate that you gotta do the tutorial every time you start the demo lol it gets annoying after you play 2 or 3 runs, great game the controls are really different but in a GREAT way, i think skate will overtake the tony hawk series

Jay588 said:
i hate that you gotta do the tutorial every time you start the demo lol it gets annoying after you play 2 or 3 runs, great game the controls are really different but in a GREAT way, i think skate will overtake the tony hawk series

yeah, after playing through the demo for prolly the last time last night, i decided it's time to go get the game

i can run through the initial ollie-flip-varial-grind-grabs part of that demo in like 2 or 3 minutes now, leaving me a solid 27-28 minutes of free skating

all about the varial kickflip to 5-0 grinds on the rails by the pool for me right now. :yesnod:

I'm really impressed with it, and every aspect is better than Tony Hawk and it's good that developers are taking chances. I'll still be getting Proving Ground instead of this though, as I have little patience and playing this would only end up in a broken control pad.

Back