360, the last true gaming?

@OP: i think that as technology progresses, we are getting closer to the 'virtual reality' type of gaming. I guess right now motion sensing might be the next step. The next few steps will get us closer and closer (hopefully) so that one day games will be like as if we were inside the game, using our own muscles to move and shoot guns (not just buttons) and such. So Sony and Nintendo probably thought motion sensing is the next step into the next generation, one step closer to true 'virtual reality'.

PS, imo true gaming is still around, WASD ftw :cool:

Last edited:
There are some games that requires motion sensor while some doesn't.
That's why wii released several different kinds of controllers to make it fit to different games.

The next gen will either use many diff controllers like wii or combination just like ps3.

@Sovieto - your a dumbass, you dont get vagrants point. They rushed it end of story.

@Topic - I think the next gen Xbox will not have motion sensing. Because of all the gamers who don't like waiving a controller around they would buy the next gen Xbox.

Icetrash said:
@Sovieto - your a dumbass, you dont get vagrants point. They rushed it end of story.

@Topic - I think the next gen Xbox will not have motion sensing. Because of all the gamers who don't like waiving a controller around they would buy the next gen Xbox.
umm, who said i didnt get him? i got what he meant thats why i didnt give another quote dumbass

@samer, yah, we shall im just always practicing with a clan or playing with real life friends mostly

Sovieto said:
umm, who said i didnt get him? i got what he meant thats why i didnt give another quote dumbass

@samer, yah, we shall im just always practicing with a clan or playing with real life friends mostly

I think he is confused, it is Gymdawg who has no idea wtf I was saying.

KyleForMe said:
Would it be at all possible for Microsoft to release newer versions of controllers with motion sensing that would be supported by new games... if they found that was really a crucial part of the market they were being hurt by.

I'm not saying it'll happen or that people wouldn't be pissed off

On a side note, have any systems ever released updated hardware that made older hardware useless/less valuable? Only thing I can think of is update chip for N64, but I believe it wasn't required for any games.

If Microsoft did that they would get slammed so ****ing hard core by the Nintendo companie and its fans. I can't explain how much spam mail i would be able to round up to crash microsoft... (Damn it... Why do i still use Windows? >_>)

oh and by the chip, do you mean the expansion pack? Many games needed that, Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark...*Drools* and stacks of others, it actually did help old games, it sharpened the graphics up a bit... (And i mean only a bit.) So really, nintendo sort of released a new console, into the old.... Get it?

Last edited:
Dougamer said:
If Microsoft did that they would get slammed so ****ing hard core by the Nintendo companie and its fans. I can't explain how much spam mail i would be able to round up to crash microsoft... (Damn it... Why do i still use Windows? >_>)

oh and by the chip, do you mean the expansion pack? Many games needed that, Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark...*Drools* and stacks of others, it actually did help old games, it sharpened the graphics up a bit... (And i mean only a bit.) So really, nintendo sort of released a new console, into the old.... Get it?

You'll notice I didn't say that with too much confidence, because based on my memory I remember buying games that were supported by the expansion chip but didn't require it. (since I never bought it)

Also, if microsoft released some games with similar motion support as some ps3 games I doubt they catch too much wind. That is as long as it only enhanced gameplay and was optional, not required for games.
In a sense its like selling steering wheel controllers for race games, just an alternative to normal controller.

Wii will mainly have motion sensory monarchy lol.

Playstation.. might not exist in the next generations.. And they arent half/half with motion sensory lol. more like 2:100 ratio with it. Such a rush job.

Xbox.. who knows.. but i doubt they will keep the old ways if they wanna compete, be nice to see two completely different consoles though. If they do too much motion sensory they might be labled as "copycats" or something tho. which wouldnt be cool.

very true. microsoft might make a conversion into total motion sensing technology in their next console. i heard that there's gonna be motion sensing for the 360 in the near future

ecko MAN said:
very true. microsoft might make a conversion into total motion sensing technology in their next console. i heard that there's gonna be motion sensing for the 360 in the near future

Doubt it. We are probably 3-4 years away from a new Microsoft console.

vagrant said:
Doubt it. We are probably 3-4 years away from a new Microsoft console.
i agree that it will probly take 3 years but there is a possibility that they will go into motion sensing. everyone else is and most poeple love it.

uh....Sovieto, it's becoming increasingly apparent to me that you don't even like, let alone favor, the Wii. So why the hell did you join this site? You obviously favor the 360. I saw that the instant i saw the title of this topic.

Ruman said:
uh....Sovieto, it's becoming increasingly apparent to me that you don't even like, let alone favor, the Wii. So why the hell did you join this site? You obviously favor the 360. I saw that the instant i saw the title of this topic.
Don't, even, talk.

And once you figure out why that post is newb, when you own other systems, you learn to open value more, I've seen a lot of bias things here that I haven't seen before.

p.s. why out of all threads you decide to say that comment in this one, where I show nothing against the Wii? and your post, you kinda messed up, one would like something before one favors it, so it would be: don't even favor, let alone like

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
Don't, even, talk.

And once you figure out why that post is newb, when you own other systems, you learn to open value more, I've seen a lot of bias things here that I haven't seen before.

p.s. why out of all threads you decide to say that comment in this one, where I show nothing against the Wii? and your post, you kinda messed up, one would like something before one favors it, so it would be: don't even favor, let alone like

Well you did sell the wii. But then again I never play my Wii anymore and I have a ps3 and hate on it all the time.

And to Dougamer, I agree, Microsoft is trying like a bangkok whore in a gentlemen's club to get Nintendo on their side.

Back